“Relax in peace in gardens by the pool”

Apartamentos Turisticos Marsol
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Lagos
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Relax in peace in gardens by the pool”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We love Marsol and have returned many times, beautiful setting of individual little villas surrounded by lush, we'll maintained gardens. Our apartment was directly in front of the pool, so literally bed to bed ! Spotlessly clean and the family are divine, so friendly and welcoming, they'd do anything for you. I didn't want to do this review because we don't want anyone else to find this little Algarvean gem..... Lagos is a beautiful old town, with numerous excellent restaurants, so the walk back up a steep hill was beneficial for all the extra calories consumed. All in all, a wonderful retreat - I can't recommend enough. Another point is the security, family around all day and a guard on at night, who does remain alert and patrols regularly !

Room Tip: Studios are great for a short weekend break, recommend one bed apartments in front of pool for longe...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fl0raR0sa

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Beautifully laid out complex in chalet style. The pool is small but the loungers are plentiful.
The chalets are quite big and are well equipped. They have everything bar a hairdryer.The beds are comfortable and it is quiet at night as you are a hill away from the main resort. The center is about five to ten minutes down a rather steep hill and the nearest beach another five minute walk but it is a very pleasant walk. The owners and staff are lovely and i would recommend a port in the bar before you head out for the night. I would rate this complex as one of the best i have stayed in.

Room Tip: Look for a pool view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Timi69
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I are not really into high rise hotels etc so we were looking for something unique and different and found it here. We stayed in one of the studios last year and loved it so we decided to upgrade to one of the villas this year and were equally impressed. The family who run the apartments are gracious and friendly and the villas are full of rustic charm and fine little artistic details. The whole complex is kept spotlessly clean, in fact possibly the cleanest we've ever been to, and the surrounding gardens and trees are well manicured on a daily basis. Quiet and relaxing, it's a perfect spot for families and couples alike and it's a really quick walk into the historical district. I did a considerable amount of research in choosing our accommodation in Lagos and I doubt you'll find better for the price so close to the town centre.
Perfect!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank FuturSailor
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It is a shame that our GPS would not locate it but we managed to find it.
This is a relatively small complex , owner led. Spotlessly clean, welcoming, quiet & retaining a touch of old Portugal. The mini villas are equipped with all one could wish for when away from home. Great attention to detail has gone into it.
There are no catering facilities on site, however very close by supermarket where one can stock up.
It is in a very peaceful location & thankfully devoid of the enptrapments of the Algarve, so i feel it is very suitable for those who wish a more calm atmosphere & families with small children.
I think the complex would benefit from offering a 'starter pack' for those who are there on short stays.
It is great value for money. I highly recommend it & hopefully will return if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A L
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I have booked 3 nights for our family of four in a website that only allowed me to choose "single" or "couples" and I ended up booking a T1 which it was not an issue as we had stayed with the children in a 1 bedroom apartment before by using sofa bed, etc. It was not a really cheap deal but we have chosen this place for the good reviews (see the irony).
At the reception I tried to explain how I booked it when I was told that I could not book a t1 four a couple with 2 kids. I understood it was my mistake but before I had the chance to offer to pay for the difference I was being humiliated with cynical laughter and comments hinting I had done it on purpose!!!!
I was made to stay in a t2 which I was not charged extra for once the manager came and saw me in tears. I felt in love with Lagos but won't go to this accommodation again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Vera L
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My partner and I stayed in these apartments back in the summer. We opted for a studio apartment.
The apartment complex is small (which is one thing we look for) with 31 apartments in total. There is the choice of studio, 1 bed and 2 bedroom apartments, all self catering.
The complex is on the edge of Lagos town which was perfect for us and only a short walk to the shops, restaurant and beaches. It is also only a 5 minute walk to a decent sized supermarket. The return walk from the town centre is slightly uphill so that I wouldn't recommend for older people but a taxi wouldn't be too expensive.
On the apartment complex there is a BBQ that can be used by anyone, crazy golf (simple & needs a bit of repair but enjoyable all the same, a good sized pool - we didn't have to fight for sun loungers & parasols despite going in July, a children's play area with basketball hoop and ample parking if you hire a car- all included in the price of the room.
The rooms all have a TV, kitchenette which had everything we required except for a tin opener and a safe. The beds were comfortable and although there is no air conditioning, the rooms never got too hot. The cleaners came round daily and were very polite. There is free wifi in the common area where there is 24 hour support at the reception and a satellite television, as well as a bar area.
I would most definitely stay here again if I return to Lagos.
Lagos itself had everything we required and the coast was beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank graceizbeauty
Switzerland
Reviewed 6 November 2013

While Lagos is one of the typical tourist destinations in the Algarve, the big resorts are outside town leaving the center unspoiled from big hotel complexes. The ‘Apartmantos Turisticos Marsol’ also has something of the old town charm. Also slightly outside the old town, it consists of small bungalows in a very nice secluded garden. The bungalows, while simple, are large in size and have a living-room, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. There is a place to sit outside and the pool is only a few steps away. There is no Internet in the room, but for desperate people there is wifi access at the reception.

For families who like to be close to the beach this may not be ideal, as one has to take the car to go to the beach. However, we found the cost of the accommodation more than reasonable for a touristic area like Lagos, thus should make up for a little driving.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family