We are a family of four with 2 teenage children that had a week at Vitasol in July 2013.
I can only agree with all the previous comments - lovely location on a steep hill (but really not that bad!), huge apartments, excellent power shower, lovely and helpful staff and 10 mins from the town and beach. So I have decided to give you some helpful tips instead:
1. If you are travelling with children, or you are more than 2 people, you have to book a 2 bedroom apartment. The sofa bed in the lounge is terrible! We asked for an extra mattress to be put on top as it was so thin. This was no problem at all and the beds were made up within half an hour. But the bed squeaked terribly and consequently, our children did not sleep very well.
2. Ask for a ground floor apartment. You get an enormous terrace and you can close it off with blinds if it gets too hot or too windy.
3. It does get quite windy in Lagos, so take a cardigan for the evenings.
4. Remember there is free underground parking if you have a rental/own car.
5. Yes the hill is steep, but it really isn't that bad. It takes about 10 mins to walk to the old town and I am not a fit person.
6. If you have a car, there are som really big supermakets in the town where you can stock up.
7. The little shop next to the complex is not too dear. We priced the essentials against the bigger supermarkets and the prices were generally the same. You can also buy international newspapers and fresh baked bread.
8. We had a week at Vitasol and the rooms were cleaned and changed twice.
That's it. Enjoy your trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vitasol Park is a modern complex crossed by an artificial watercourse, on the top of the historical and bustling city of Lagos and the marina, providing unique views of the city, the beach of Meia-Praia, marina and mountains. Surrounded by large gardens and leisure areas, Vitasol Park is waiting for you for those relaxing holidays that you deserve! Composed by small blocks of 4 floors, all with lift, with spacious one and two-bedroom apartments with large balconies and equipped kitchens, Vitasol Park is the ideal place to pass your days in the most relaxing way, without leaving "home", enjoying our many facilities as pool for adults, restaurant, tennis courts and children's pool and playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your VitaSol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vitasol Park Hotel Lagos
- Marina Park Hotel Lagos
- Marina Park Lagos