“best holiday”
Review of Surf Experience

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lagos
Surf Experience
Ranked #6 of 70 Lagos B&B and Inns
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“best holiday”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

this is the most fun place ive ever been, i was there twice and will defo visit again. its really chilled and relaxed, you forget about everything, i never want to leave..if you are ito surfing and looking for a nice place to stay defo this is worth a shot

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Antonia N

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

No matter what your surfing level these guys have it for you, always taken to the best surf spot for your ability each surf day and TSE surf "Everyday" the beaches alone are worth the drive, now and then you may get taken to SHHHH " A secret spot " either take all your own gear or just use theirs, one thing is for sure they day begins at the boardroom..
These guys don't just bugger off after the surf they hang around the house chat chill with you give you feedback and show you around the place (Lagos) , Nothing like hanging with these guys real cool people to know, this is one (I can't call it a Holiday really.... I suppose they have it right... ) Experience you will take forward with you, and more than likely repeat I have and will.

B James

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank B_James2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have family in the Algarve so go there regularly for long weekends. I learnt to surf at the Surf Experience. Griffo, one of the instructors taught me. As well as being a really lovely guy, he was really safety conscious which gave me confidence as I was quite nervous to start with. He has a good sense of humour and explained the essentials for a first day's surf well. He was really encouraging and I was just about standing on the 2nd day. Most people tend to book for a week or more, or long weekends but some people like me, join for the odd day or 2 at a time. It's a really sociable experience. Everyone is really friendly and you bond quickly even on just one day down at the beach, with a surf in the morning, a yummy lunch, cooked up by Rachel, then more surfing in the afternoon. There are loads of great beaches to go to. I'd usually join the surf group for dinner and drinks and you feel welcome even if you aren't staying in the surf house. If you want to stay out late there is usually something going on (at the weekends at least) and most nights in the summer, especially as Toby M, one of the owners DJing (he's really good and plays with the likes of Rudimental and the Prodigy, so pretty good for a small town in Portugal!). Lagos has a good choice of different restaurants to mix things up and seafood is very fresh. In short, if you are a solo traveller like me or in a group, it's a surf camp to choose!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LondonlovesBronte
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had my best vacation ever and wish it would never end...
There is a very relaxed, warm and personal atmosphere. All the instructors are great. They are very attentive and good at cheering you up, whenever you need it. The rest of the staff is great too. Rachel makes the most delicious and healthy lunch for the beach every day.
I stayed in the surf house and would highly recommend it, if you travel alone as I did.
I will definately come again as soon as possible.
My room had a window to the street, and because it is just 20 M from center square, I had to buy earplugs, but I think the central placement is worth the earplugs. You'll get used to it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Tanja V
Lagos, Portugal
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I came to the surf experience for a week and I stayed for more than a month. I think it says everything! Great people, beautiful house, super food (Rachel is an amazing cook)! This place is all you can dream about for relaxing or surfing holidays!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Marianne202014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

An incredible team of surf instructors and compatriots, looking after every detail from transfers to entertainment, this has to be the best place I ever spent a weeks holidays. From the moment we arrived, we knew we were in good hands. Having transfers, lovely Accomodation, surfing gear, breakfast, packed lunches, guaranteed waves or fun for your days, evening meal planning for the gang of dudes on holidays and even tour guides for the booming nite life that Lagos offers each night... Even typing these words makes me want to go back.
Ive been back twice since my first trip to the surf house in Lagos and it won't be my last. Was lucky to have met such legends as Big Dave, Ratty, Cocker and Sugar... All of which one could never forget.
Thanks a million TSE

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Paul T
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Being only 18 years old and travelling solo for the first time I was a little nervous over what to expect from this trip. However, when I arrived at the surf house I already felt right at home. The accommodation was better than anything you could ask for, always clean and full of lovely people, it had a relaxed vibe it definitely felt like home for my 2 week stay.

The staff were absolutely amazing! Rachel's cooking was awesome (best bbq of my life!) as well as being my adopted "mum" for the 2 weeks. Katy had no trouble at all at keeping us entertained in the evenings and making the best amercian-style pancakes in the mornings! The surf instructors were all fantastic, being able to already surf, it was great to find other girls that can surf and give me helpful tips at the same time (Peggy and Lucy). The boys Mark, San, Griff and Matty were always there to put a smile on my face the nutters!

I couldn't have asked for a better holiday, everyday ran smoothly and my surfing improved loads during this stay. The only downfall of surf experience was leaving!

See you soon guys and thank you!

Milly