“Boring”
Review of Loule Gypsy Market

Loule Gypsy Market
Ranked #15 of 29 things to do in Loule
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This place is full of fish/meat & fuit/veg stalls. There was nothing for my kids to buy and there is begging gypsies

1  Thank Chris D
There are newer reviews for Loule Gypsy Market

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We visited the Gypsy Market while on holiday in April. Well worth a visit as both my teenagers are happiest when shopping and especially "haggling" for fake designer goods. All parties understand the quality of goods on offer and their provenance so, on that basis, a lot of fun was had. The downside for me was the trader who suggested that I would need at least a 2XL "Polo Ralph Lauren" polo shirt as they came up "a bit small"...what a cheek!
Beware of the gentlemen who wander around "Del boy" style offering you the bargain of the century Rolex watches. All adds to the character of the market.
Son and Daughter both made purchases and Mother in Law was over the moon with a six euro hat. I was tempted by rocker t shirts but, given my age and proximity of my better half, thought better of it.
Only gripe was that we probably didn't have long enough to explore what looked like a very interesting little town.

2  Thank Bill G
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I really enjoyed my trip to loule, it was a very nice town.
The Market I did not like, not very nice things.I had heard this from people in Albufiera.They do have a lot of very nice shoe shops with the town, nice cafes and a food market.

2  Thank annemariewestend
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Loulé is a beautiful town with a lot of history and is a nice place to walk,the market is something I would not go out of my way to see,it is like all gypsy markets,with a few good stalls but the rest rubbish.The municipal mecardo is worth a visit on a saturday,Loule is also famous for its shoes.

3  Thank milesawayAlgarve
Reviewed 15 April 2014

As previously mentioned the photograph portrays the fruit and veg market in the centre of Loule.
It is open 6 days a week and is full of stalls selling local produce, which although helping the local community I do t think is any cheaper than the supermarkets.
The gypsy market is a little way out of Loule and is generally full of tat which is in keeping with most of the Algarve markets, however it is an interesting couple of hours to spend on a Saturday morning if you have nothing else to do.

1  Thank sunseasandVilamoura