“Excellent spot close to the Loulé center” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loule Jardim Hotel

Loule Jardim Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Loule
Renkum, the Netherlands
“Excellent spot close to the Loulé center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed two nights at this comfortable, frindly and well located hotel. I was received friendly at the reception, could park my car without extra cost in the private garage underneath and found a clean, neat and nice room with good WiFi facilities.
A decent breakfast, including hot stuff like scrambed and baked eggs and roasted bacon, fresh fruit and good coffee (!) made a good start of the day.
It is a few hundreds of meters from the town center and in my opinion for € 35,- euro's, including breakfast, a good bargain if you look for an accomodation in Loulé. Recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

This would be one of the nicest hotels we stayed in, over our 10 days of travel throughout Spain and Portugal. Almost like being in an apartment, plenty of space, lovely bedding, very comfortable indeed, compared with a lot we stayed in,absolutely immaculate,staff couldn't be more helpful,breakfast was of a very high standard and included in the price which we felt was very reasonable indeed,overall I would give it 10 out of 10.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank milliewynn
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful part of town with large, clean rooms. Hotel staff were very helpful & spoke excellant English. Certainly worth it's value (we paid £103 for 3 nights in mid October) but in summer was told £75-£85 per night, which in my opinion, is still worth it's value for what you receive. Could not find fault with this hotel or staff & would stay again.

Room Tip: Beautifully situated in a peaceful part of Loule, with stunning views if you are fortunate enough to...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gel207F
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Booked the Hotel Jardim for a 4 night stay Oct 9-13th 2013 to attend my nephews wedding which took place in a residence in the hills above Loule. A fantastic small hotel and superb value for money.
Only a 15-20 minute drive from Faro airport, we found the hotel easily. There is plenty of free parking close to the hotel. It does have a private garage with limited spaces on a first come first served basis, but we didn't bother with it as we were able to park in the square outside the hotel and the concierge told us the area is very safe. The concierge was really friendly, professional and so helpful. The hotel is spotlessly clean. We stayed in room 20 which was a really good size, very comfortable and had a good sized bathroom with shower.The shower temperature was a little unpredictable, but manageable. I have stayed in other hotels at far greater cost and had far more problems. Everything we needed was provided e.g. iron and ironing board was provided with no problem on request (we were going to a wedding!).
Breakfast had a good selection of hot, cold, sweet and savoury items. Replenishment of the the hot items was a little slow and the bacon was in short supply, but there were plenty of other options.
My partner and I have been to the Algarve before, staying in golf resorts such as Val de Lobo, Villamoura etc. Loule is a world away from the tourist manicured perfection of those places (not my style!). A charming, traditional Portugese town with prices considerably cheaper than down on the coast, yet the coast and the major golf resorts are easily reachable by car in 10-20 mins.
I really cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, we would definitely use it again.

Room Tip: Room 20 was large and quiet good view over rooftops
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julia R
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel is easy to find and is in the old part of the town. It is only a 10 minute walk to the centre of Loule with it's fantastic market, old buildings and scores of restaurants and shops.
As Loule is not a tourist hot spot eating out is much cheaper than at the coastal towns and resorts. Very good food including wine is available for less than 20 euros p.p. in many places, not least in the two right beside the hotel.
The staff in the hotel were extremely helpful and good natured, and spoke good English which was great for us! The buffet breakfasts were excellent with plenty of variety. The lounge and bar were most comfortable, well appointed and spotlessly clean.
I understand that room refurbishments are well under way. Unfortunately our room (207) was not one of these! While it had all the basics of what we needed and was kept very neat every day it was 'tired'! Lots of small things needed attention - only one bedside cabinet, some mould on the bathroom tiles, old fashioned bath taps that were stuck on shower mode and could not be adjusted to run a bath, etc.
One huge positive was the large private underground garage with locked doors that was free for guests meant parking was not the problem that it might have been. Lifts from the garage reach all floors.
The state of the room did not spoil our stay as the positives far outweighed the negatives and as a budget hotel I would thoroughly recommend Loule Jardim Hotel. We had a great 4 night stay there and will certainly go there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Until all the refurbishments are completed ask for one that has been upgraded. The rooms overlook...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheoneRoberto
Vilamoura, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Loule is an attractive old market town, with some interesting craft and general retail shops, many good restaurants and a few fascinating buildings. All of these are within close proximity and can be explored on foot. What the town clearly lacks is genuinely good quality hotel accommodation to match these other facilities. The one available medium-sized hotel is friendly, just about adequate for a short stay, but not really suitable for an entire week's holiday, which unfortunately is what I'd booked in advance.

My double room was not especially spacious but comfortable enough and I slept pretty well. The view to the rear was ugly, with a narrow lane passing along some condemned and unsightly buildings. I was able to relieve a degree of boredom in between meals with a tolerable free wi-fi connection and enjoyed some reading time on the sun lounge adjoining the hotel's swimming pool. The views of the town from there are lovely and it's an ideal place to relax for sun-worshippers, albeit quite a small area.

Breakfast is often rather chaotic, which is not helped by the cramped self-service area. On my first morning, I arrived at what I had been informed was the restaurant's opening time, to find most of the tables were occupied and the food virtually gone. Stocks were replenished, but then an inexperienced waiter cleared my table as I left my seat to pour out some more coffee (the hot drinks choices being the undoubted highlight of the whole experience, by the way). He did exactly the same thing again as I stocked up on bread rolls later.

For a single person, I felt my room was overpriced. For me, the only good point about the hotel, once I found it, was its position in relation to restaurants. So at least I ate well in the evenings and used the bus station to get out and about on most days. It is a three-star hotel at best and has no pretensions to anything more. The reception staff go out of their way to be helpful, but I got the impression that others were lacking in motivation and commitment.

As I say, Loule deserves better, and for the money I spent, I feel I did too.

Room Tip: The closer to the pool the better.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The room was large and clean and so was the bathroom. We had a nice view of the square in front of the hotel and the town of Loule. It was quiet at night and we slept well. The breakfast was great and there was plenty of choice. The staff were very helpful and courteous ad answered all our questions very helpfully. It has been a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: The top floor has good views and is near the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vikmik2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loule
Velamar Boutique Hotel
Dom Jose Beach Hotel
Dom Jose Beach Hotel
#7 of 49 in Quarteira
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,461 reviews

Been to Loule Jardim Hotel? Share your experiences!