We stayed here at the last minute due to bad weather.
we were offered a great deal for October - E99 for a lovely double room, dinner and breakfast and entry to the spa .
the room was delightful, large and spacious . all the rooms in the main house are different . Some very nice free shower gels too!
Dinner was a real pleasure - the food was all superb and we even got a free bottle of wine with it. Possibly the best quality meal we had all holiday.
the spa is less beautiful as more modern and a little more basic than we expected. A bit more institutional.
The hotel has a beautiful outdoor pool and gardens and is sitting in a lovely tropical gardens.
thoroughly recommend a visit here if you fancy a change from the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the top of Algarve!Resembling a white village perfectly nestled among the Monchique Hills, Villa Termal features an outstanding Thermal spa using the only thermal waters in the south of Portugal . An indoor warm rich mineral water pool and exquisit facial and body treatments and massages by La Phyto are a welcoming card.The elegant and charming rooms distributed through 5 unique lodging complexes, are furnished with 18th- and 19th-century pieces.Guests of Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa Resort can enjoy some great tapas and a glass of local wine at the stone-walled bar " O Tasco". The 1692 Restaurant offers a grill menu and Portuguese cuisine with traditional delicacies from the Monchique region, including special meat dishes.The outdoor swimming pool is surrounded by green garden and padded loungers. Besides relaxing in the sauna or steam bath, guests can enjoy walking and mountain biking tours in Serra de Monchique National Park. Other Nature related activities are available including canoeing, Climbing, Paintball, mountain bike downhill just 10 min away.Perfect for a relaxing getaway or an alternative holidays, the Villa termal das caldas de Monchique is 20 min away from the main stream locations, 25 min from the The best Algarvian beaches on the Atlantic, 40 min from the best wild Alentejo coast and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Termal das Caldas de Monchique Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa And Resort
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Hotel Monchique
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa & Resort Portugal - Algarve