We spent five nights in a junior suite in the Hotel D Carlos. room was very big and spotlessly clean with housekeeping every day. Tv a bit dated but we hardly used it. Caldas de Monchique is a beautiful place, so relaxing and quiet compared to the overcrowded beach resorts. Breakfast in the restaurant was fine, nothing special but everything you would want. We had dinner two night in the restaurant, food was good, service a bit casual for our liking especially with the prices, no "front of house" staff to be seen to ensure everything ran smoothly but food was good and a very good wine selection. I would say that this location does get a lot busier in the months of July and August, we were surprised at how quiet it was but it suited us perfectly. A car is essential, the town of Monchique is just stunning along with the scenery. Some very good local restaurants too if you decide not to dine at the Villa Termal. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the top of Algarve!Resembling a white village perfectly nestled among the Monchique Hills, Villa Termal features an outstanding Thermal spa using the only thermal waters in the south of Portugal . An indoor warm rich mineral water pool and exquisit facial and body treatments and massages by La Phyto are a welcoming card.The elegant and charming rooms distributed through 5 unique lodging complexes, are furnished with 18th- and 19th-century pieces.Guests of Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa Resort can enjoy some great tapas and a glass of local wine at the stone-walled bar " O Tasco". The 1692 Restaurant offers a grill menu and Portuguese cuisine with traditional delicacies from the Monchique region, including special meat dishes.The outdoor swimming pool is surrounded by green garden and padded loungers. Besides relaxing in the sauna or steam bath, guests can enjoy walking and mountain biking tours in Serra de Monchique National Park. Other Nature related activities are available including canoeing, Climbing, Paintball, mountain bike downhill just 10 min away.Perfect for a relaxing getaway or an alternative holidays, the Villa termal das caldas de Monchique is 20 min away from the main stream locations, 25 min from the The best Algarvian beaches on the Atlantic, 40 min from the best wild Alentejo coast and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Termal das Caldas de Monchique Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Hotel Monchique
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa And Resort
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa & Resort Portugal - Algarve