“FANTASTIC!!!”

Vista Marina Apartamentos Turisticos
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I feel compelled to write a review on this fantastic complex after a recent stay. I must say it far out met my expectations on all levels. The staff , facilities and service are exceptional. The location is perfect for those of you who want a quiet, relaxing holiday with all the amenities of the beach, bars and restaurants only a 10 minute walk away. There is a local supermarket within a 5 minute walk which has everything you need for your stay at very reasonable prices, cheaper than the UK!
The complex does offer a café/bar/restaurant and the choice and prices are more than reasonable and much cheaper than you would expect for a 4 star complex as are the Spa treatments! On average the restaurants in Praia da Roche offer a “menu of the day” for less than 10 euro for 3 courses in a range and choice of restaurants to suit all tastes. The beach is amazing, clean and one of the best I’ve ever seen!
In all I had one of the best holidays ever and that was due to this amazing complex, friendly staff and the beautiful Algarve. Without a doubt I shall return.

Room Tip: ALL rooms in this complex over look the pool/gardens and sea!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AMW2012

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Positives: I was extremely pleasantly surprised by the Vista Marina. It was everything that it said it was. We stayed 4 days, from a Friday to Monday in October 2011. It was quiet and relaxing. The apartment was superb and the hotel was had a beautiful modern reception and bar area. We didn't get to see the indoor pool and gym on our short stay but the overall standard was great and I would definitely like to stay again. The hotel has lovely views and is a 10 minute walk from the beach. The apartment was huge with a large balcony, big enough for table and chairs and a sun lounger, and overlooked the pool and to the river. Wish we had time to hang around on it more!

Negatives: The verbal instructions we were given for getting into the secure garage were woefully inadequate; someone else opened the door for us after fruitless trying and we never used it again. There were no instructions in the apartment for use of the microwave, washing machine or dishwasher. To be fair, had we been staying longer we would have asked at reception, but instructions should really have been in the apartment. The smoke alarm appeared to be too close to the air-conditioning unit and when the air-conditioning was on the alarm set up a very irritating chirruping sound. Took ages to find out what it was and took some time to stop after I turned the air-con off. I reported this at reception and hopefully will be fixed.

All-in-alll, though, a delightful stay. It looks like the negatives go on longer than the positives, but I wanted to explain properly - the positives don't need much explantion! I had read reviews on this site before going and someone complained the tv was small - not true; the room was very big! Had a great stay. We stayed in October so it was very quiet but I could imagine it might be a bit noisy sitting on the balcony in high season.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelforfun35
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We stayed 6 nights at Vista Marina in Portimão. I booked this in advance when the agency we usually work with came up with a promo of 300€ for 6 nights around April. The site looked good and we are pretty familiar with portimão so we really didn't give it a second thought.

Gps took us straight to the hotel. and chek in was a breeze however I still think 4pm is pretty late check in. I forgot the print out of the voucher from the travel agency however fowarded the email to the hotel and it was no big deal.

The reception staff gave us all the necessary info on schedules for pools, gym, sauna and café. After check in we parked in the underground parking and went up to our room with all our stuff.

The apartment is nicely decorated. Last year we stayed at Jardins da Rocha and barely spent any time in the room just because we did not find it very cozy. Vista Marina is much nicer.

The TV is quite small. Personally I would have rearranged the furniture in the living area but those couches are really heavy.

The pool area is very nice, lots of sun, quiet and lots of loungers. Even though it was late September there were quite a lot of people staying at Vista Marina. During our stay we used the gym several times and each time it was only us using the facilities.

We walked down to praia da rocha a couple times and its very close, closer than I had calculated actually. Under 1 km and always on main roads that are well lit. Very important as walking on the strip and going to the ocean are a must at praia da rocha.

House keeping - We arrived on a Saturday and I noticed that there was no house keeping on the weekend. During the week however they go through all the rooms. Even if you don't put the doorhanger on they will check if anyone is in and if not will clean your room anyways. Housekeeping consists of making the bed and cleaning the wc. We used the kitchen and I noticed that this was left untouched. I bought dishwasher product and we used that. They did not clean unwashed dishes in the sink nor did they put away clean dishes from the machine. No biggie, didn't really bother us!

The stay was great. Relaxing! The coffee from the caf'e is really good as well as the tostas.

Definitely recommend for people looking for some downtime. If your plan is to party it up all night at the clubs on the beach this may be a bit far from the excitement.

Room Tip: we stayed in 111 on the 4th floor - 1 bedroom, 1 wc, two sofa beds. no blow dryer, but then again I...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EstorilGirl
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was searching for a place to stay in Portimão for three nights with my girlfriend when I've found this place. At the time I thought it was amazing, with great pictures and conditions, but the price was a bit high for what I intended. But then, in another website I saw the same place with same conditions with a great price.

At first, a person think that the images on their website are all for publicity, that reality is way different. But no! The appartment was very spaceous, with enough space for at least 6 people. The kitchen had full conditions, with laundry and places machines. The commom spaces has all that the images show on their website. Nice sofas, clean design with great look, sauna, gym, interior and exterior swimming pool, and a free pool table (you only need to leave 20€ deposit).

Besides, you have a free indoor parking space.

Best thing: Space, conditions, price

Worst thing: not many, perhaps a little far from beach (but only around 10min walk), swimming pool could be bigger and with better sun space (around 6pm it starts to be full cover without sun)

Room Tip: To find a good price, try hotels.com
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank deMelo_Travel
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed in the Vista Marina in Pria de Rocha in August 2011. Initially I was a bit concerned as I could not find any useful information on these apartments but I need not have been worried. The apartment block is situated on a cliff top overlooking the River between Portemao and Pria de Rocha. The views from every apartment are fabulous overlooking pool and gardens and the river beyond . All easterly facing and get the sun in the morning. Some have a distant view of the sea and the marina. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment and I must say it was the biggest 1 bedroom we have ever stayed in. It consisted of entrance hall with bedroom (twin beds) off. Bedroom well equiped with pleanty of storage, dressing table, mirror, bed tables. (could have done with a few more coat hangers thou.) Safe was in the wardrobe (15 Euro week hire). The bathroom was also off the hall and had a full sized bath, bidet, WC. and wash basin. Towels changed daily if required. The kitchen and living space was open plan. The kitchen was very well equiped with full sized dishwasher and washer/dryer. Micro/Grill and 4 plate electric hob. Full size fridge with separate 2 shelf freezer. There was also toaster, blender and kettle. All dishes. pans and cutlery you need. Could have done with a few more utensils and maybe some wine glasses but thats my only complaint.
The living area had dining table, 4 chairs and 2 x 2 seater sofa's one of which converted into a double bed. There was also coffee tables and side units. Air conditioning units in bedroom and living room . The balcony was very large with patio table/chairs and a sun lounger. Rooms cleaned daily except Sunday.

As guests you have free access to the pools (kids, adults and indoor) Plenty of sun loungers (no charge) There is also a gym with a sauna.Showers and WC's on the ground floor. All very well kept and immaculately clean. There is also a kids play room for the younger children. TV room with pool table are which is adjacent to the bar.

The onsite bar serves snacks at reasonable prices. (burger and chips 5 euro) This is open from 8am - 8pm.

Pria de Rocha is approx 800km walk (about 5 mins) there are pleanty of bars and restaurants and a spectacular beach which gets very busy. Prices are reasonable as there is plenty of competition. Would recomend the Sitting Bull tex mex restaurant, The American steakhouse,Classics Bar/Restaurant and La Gioconda itallian,( at the bottom of the main strip). The Nova China is also very good with excellent service. We found all the staff were friendly and curteous.

Portimao is approx 15 mins walk (quickest way down the 100 steps) Here you can find larger supermarkets with a better selection of fresh produce. It is also good for shopping.

All in all the four of us (2 adults 2 children (14 and 10) had a great time. A quite relaxing holiday which wasn't spoilt by hoards of English being rude. Would recommend to anyone wishing a similar vacation.

Room Tip: Best views on the West Wing.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank blondie40
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I would definately recommend these apartments as they are very bright and modern, very well equipt and spacious. The loby, lounge and pool areas are all excellent. All the reception staff are lovely except one gentleman (but I wouldn't let that put me off). The only fault I could have is the housekeeping staff weren't great and most of the time gave the apartment a "quick lick".

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willobrien1
Reviewed 29 July 2011

These apartments are centrally located between Praia da Rocha and Portimao which are both within a reasonable walking distance. The apartments are well specified and clean and tidy. There is a handy cafe bar for snacks and drinks while sitting around the excellent outdoor pool, though remember there are no on-site restaurants as these are essentially serviced apartments rather than a normal hotel.
Facilities are excellent with an indoor and outdoor pool plus a fully equipped gymnasium.
Views from the apartments are good and look out over the river and harbour into Portimao.
Secure underground parking is also available (if you have a hire car) and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 6 person apartments have best views but expensive