Hotel Made Inn
  • Bar/Lounge
Mirachoro Sol(Portimao)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Flamingo Residence(Praia da Rocha)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
VilaRosa Hotel(Praia da Rocha)
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationcentral locationrooms are basicvery nice hotelnight lifereceptionhosteltaxisportugalsuitcasesfaroeurocleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The hotel has excellent conditions, very clean and good services. It was a good surprise considering the price, the better QoS that I found, comparing the price Vs condiions. The rooms are really very clean and with a contemporary decoration.
A experience to repeat for sure

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
HotelMadeInn, General Manager at Hotel Made Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Hi!
You will be always welcome at our unit! Thanks for your nice review!
See you soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Made Inn is a perfect place to stay if exploring the Algarve. We stayed from 26th August to 1st September 2012. When we first arrived Ana was on reception and gave us a lovely welcome, she gave us so much information about Portimao and the Algarve. She drew on a map showing us the best restaurants and bars to visit and we went to most of her recommendations and we were so impressed. The room was lovely apart from having twin beds rather than a double but the staff were fine with us moving them together. Everything was so clean and fresh and breakfast was more than adequate for us.

While in the Algarve we had a hire car, and in Portimao there is pretty much no free car parking but we managed to park just a few blocks away from Made Inn on a residential street for free. it is also interesting to know that a parking ticket issued by a traffic warden costs less than paying for parking at the machine! When it came to us leaving Ana once again gave us information on various other places in the Algarve for us to visit, if only all hotel receptionists were as friendly and helpful!

I have to say this hotel far exceeded our expectations and was much better than some 3 or 4 Star hotels i have stayed in.

Thank you for making our holiday perfect...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank littleblueone
HotelMadeInn, General Manager at Hotel Made Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Hi there!
On behalf of Ana, thank you for the excellent words of appreciation you wrote! It's great when employees enjoy what they do and are professional in their work! And at Hotel Made Inn we have plenty of them ;)
About the car, we have an agreement with a garage on our street and you can leave the car with guard, during the night, for only € 2.50!
You are so welcome!
Thanks for your nice review.
See you next time.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

The hotel is in the town centre, easily reachable and in the middle of a pedestrian area, hence very quiet. Buffet breakfast more than adeguate. Hotel staff very friendly and efficient. Room spotless clean. Easy to get to the fantastic beach Praia da Rocha (bus stop only a few yards away). We strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: Corner room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello!
Thank you so much for your nice words! We are delighted to have guests like you, that leaves us with a very positive opinion regarding their stay with us!
The bus stop to the beautiful Praia da Rocha is on the square very nearby. As so, you don't have to worry to park your car on the busy beach ;)
I will tell our staff (reception and cleaning) your reply and the whole team will be very pleased with your excellent review!
Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I recently stayed at the Made Inn in Portimão for 4 nights in June. It's located in the old center of town, within walking distance to its main boardwalk. I was in town attending the recent Portugal Underground Film Festival. The Made Inn's best feature, in my opinion, was its staff. They were all incredibly friendly and helpful, all fluent in English. Since I was traveling solo, their tips for local restaurants, which included at least 2 vegetarian options (!), and other attractions were useful. After staying in a teeny tiny room in Sevilla for twice as much $, I found this small hotel a great value. The vibe is young, fresh and casual, not fancy or formal. My room was a good size, very comfortable, modern yet warm decor, Ikea style. It had lots of natural light and a pleasant view from the large window. It was spotlessly clean and well stocked with necessary toiletries. If you're willing to spend a bit more, I think they have some fancier themed rooms. From their awesome roof deck you could enjoy a quaint vista of local daily life, birds and the general Portimão vicinity. The price included breakfast, which got the job done, tasty and plentiful. I also made use of their bikes to explore Portimão and the nearby Praia da Rocha.

While there's no hair dryer in the room, you could borrow one from the lobby desk, if needed. Also, I never got the wi-fi to work in my actual room, perhaps it was just my particular room (303) that had this issue. This wasn't a huge deal, since it worked well in the lobby. As you might encounter in many European hotels, the walls seemed very thin. One of the nights I could hear someone snoring in the adjacent room. Not a huge issue, but I could see you might need to turn the AC on to drown out some noise if the hotel were at full capacity.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Made Inn Hotel. The small seaside town of Portimão was mellow and charming; its people warm, genuine and friendly.

Room Tip: Happy with room 303, corner room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LadyMissMirk

Hi!
We were very pleased with your opinion! Our team works to satisfy customers to the fullest and opinions like this are the best reward!
Yes, we have themed rooms, which take guests to have a different experience with different hotel room environments ;)
I apologize for the slight annoyance with the internet in the room, but the wi-fi works fine, with few exceptions, that we seek to resolve the problem quickly. But thankfully you could use one of our free internet access computers for guests!
On our terrace you can also enjoy the warmth of the Algarve, relaxing a little and you can also visit the city by bike, that we rent. Glad you tried!
Thank you for sharing your opinion with the Tripadvisor users!
See you next time!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

A big A+++ !!!
Excellent staff !! Very helpful at the reception and in the breakfastroom. Breakfast very nice and complete.
Close to bus- and trainstation = ideal for further excursions.
Modern and very clean hotel.
One of the best price/conditions ratio hotels I ever stayed at.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and would stay there again if ever I visited Portimao again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Freddy V

Hi, there!
We want to thank you your kind words and positive reply!
Yes, we do all our effort to satisfy our guests and our central location allow our guests to go by bus, train, taxi or foot to anywhere!
Thank you so much for share your opinion!
See you next time!