This was our second visit this year to Penina, it never fails to live up to our expectation, the staff are always welcoming and friendly and it is so nice that they keep the same staff year after year and they take great pride in their work.
Playing the golf course is a delight, the greens are really good and every hole is a different challenge and then on finishing having a welcome drink at the Henry Cotton is the end to a perfect round.
We eat at the Grill Room on our last night, the meal was the best we had eaten all holiday with a lovely choice of dishes and wine, what a lovely way to end our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a magnificent 360 acre estate of never ending gardens, unforgettable sounds and aromas of nature, the resort features 188 rooms and suites. Discover the renowned local beaches, enjoy complimentary transportation to the hotels beach concessionary with beach bar and a selection of water sports or simply relax by the Olympic size swimming pool. Other leisure options include 6 tennis courts, a football pitch, fitness room, running trail, sauna and beauty treatments, children’s club, 18-hole Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course, 9-hole Academy course and 9-hole Resort course. A selection of 5 restaurants caters for all tastes and occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Penina Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Penina Golf Hotel
- Le Meridien Penina Golf And Resort
- Le Meridien Penina Hotel
- Le Meridien Penina Resort
- Le Meridien Portimao
- Portimão Le Meridien
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort Algarve/Portimao, Portugal