This is our first visit to Portugal for some considerable time so didn't know what to expect. Upon arrival our cases were taken out of the car, golf clubs sent to the pro shop and the car was parked by Carlo. What pleasant service!! The check in was fast, efficient and a welcome glass of Port or soft drink was very welcome.
The room, a deluxe one, overlooked the pool and golf course and it is well worth paying the extra for this.
The room was clean, bed comfortable and bathroom adequate.
The price of drinks and food are expensive and we felt that if these had been more reasonable we would have spent more time using the facilities instead of going out every night and seeking a local restaurant but that experience was good as we had some excellent food.
The breakfast offers a vast choice for every diet and enjoyed dining there every morning.
The staff are attentive without being overbearing and have time to chat to you without reducing the service to other guests. The hotel manager walks the floor and that is always goog to se in a hotel as the place runs like clockwork.
The two golf courses are challenging and well maintained. The weather left a lot to be desired but that did not spoil our enjoyment although we all dropped a few shots because of the wind a rain.
Would certainly recommend and look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a magnificent 360 acre estate of never ending gardens, unforgettable sounds and aromas of nature, the resort features 188 rooms and suites. Discover the renowned local beaches, enjoy complimentary transportation to the hotels beach concessionary with beach bar and a selection of water sports or simply relax by the Olympic size swimming pool. Other leisure options include 6 tennis courts, a football pitch, fitness room, running trail, sauna and beauty treatments, children’s club, 18-hole Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course, 9-hole Academy course and 9-hole Resort course. A selection of 5 restaurants caters for all tastes and occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Penina Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Penina Golf Hotel
- Le Meridien Penina Golf And Resort
- Le Meridien Penina Hotel
- Le Meridien Penina Resort
- Le Meridien Portimao
- Portimão Le Meridien
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort Algarve/Portimao, Portugal