We are on day 3 of our 11 nights here.
This is our second visit, previously two years ago when it was part of the le meridian group.
Its the same as it was, staff are so lovely, breakfast is great, service as wonderful as ever.
But.... Something feels odd! It's so quiet here. You wouldn't think we were in the middle of the holiday season. There lacks an atmosphere. Not that I'm complaining as I quite like it. But it does feel odd.
Despite feeling a bit strange its still as fantastic as ever and I still recommend it as a place to come for a relaxing break, with enough options to keep you busy if you like to be active.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a magnificent 360 acre estate of never ending gardens, unforgettable sounds and aromas of nature, the resort features 188 rooms and suites. Discover the renowned local beaches, enjoy complimentary transportation to the hotels beach concessionary with beach bar and a selection of water sports or simply relax by the Olympic size swimming pool. Other leisure options include 6 tennis courts, a football pitch, fitness room, running trail, sauna and beauty treatments, children’s club, 18-hole Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course, 9-hole Academy course and 9-hole Resort course. A selection of 5 restaurants caters for all tastes and occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Penina Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Penina Golf And Resort
- Le Meridien Penina Golf Hotel
- Le Meridien Penina Hotel
- Le Meridien Penina Resort
- Le Meridien Portimao
- Portimão Le Meridien
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort Algarve/Portimao, Portugal