“Local chef recommends it!”
Review of Dockside - CLOSED

Dockside
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Chef in our hotel suggested this restaurant. Food was outstanding, fresh fish shown before they cooked it. Service was perfect and the whole experience was excellent. I would say this is in the top three restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were there 21. 06. 2013 with my family . It is really good fish restaurant with fresh food and spectacular view on the harbour.The price are not cheap , but absolutely reasonable ,good choice of vine and fish , including crabs , giant prawns and others.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

My boyfriend and I came here during our holiday and found the whole experience fantastic. What made everything so special was the service and food. Our waiter was so nice and accommodating and we was really impressed. He said he was short staffed and was the barman but he definitely should be part as the waiting staff:) we had olives bread and page to start and I had the prawns cooked in garlic and olive oil which was just amazing. The best prawns I've ever had!! My boyfriend had the monkfish which was good too! The only downfall was it was the rose wine. Really bad quality but we still drank it as we didn't want to complain! Lovely views too! I would definitely recommend this restaurant for anybody. We ate in really bad restaurants and had terrible food throughout our holiday but dockside was the highlight!!! :-)

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We went for a meal here on last night of holiday otherwise we would have returned during our holiday. It was a lovely place in an idyllic spot overlooking the marine the staff were attentive throughout. My husband had garlic bread and I had pate which were both good. We both had mingling skewers fir our main meal served with new potatoes and vegetables which were lovely and crisp the skewers themselves were beautifully cooked with generous portions. For pudding we had a favourite of ours which was crepe Gazette. THE waiter cooked this in front of us. With a bottle if wine to share and a beer fir my husband the bill was reasonable taking into account the quality. We were both given two glasses of port with the bill. All in all a great find

1  Thank KATIEW57
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We recently stayed in Praia de Rocha and were looking to sample some good authentic Portuguese seafood. We were recommended two restaurants, both excellent. We tried several others too and the Dockside was one of the best. The food is first class, the service is both professional and friendly. The choice of seafood is fantastic and the views of the Marina in the evening are great. The waiters know their business, i.e. the best wines to go with particular dishes, which dish will be the best that day, how to deliver and present...we were there 6 nights and visited on two occassions..first class if you are looking for first class Portuguese sea food cooked, served extremely well....you wont be disappointed

1  Thank COLONEL_GROGAN