Prainha Clube(Alvor)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$186
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Oriental(Praia da Rocha)
US$356
US$220
US$163
  • Breakfast included
Bela Vista Hotel & Spa(Praia da Rocha)
US$420
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Jupiter Algarve Hotel(Praia da Rocha)
US$128
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Pestana Dom Joao II(Alvor)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Jardins da Rocha(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$52
US$153
Pestana Hotel Group
Smartline Club Amarilis(Praia da Rocha)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$59
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewpool areapoolside restaurantpraia da rochafive star hotelsunset barbreakfast roomreception stafflovely hotelsalt waterroom numberoverlooking the beachfried eggssun loungersbit datedsea waterplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I agree with the positive reviews posted here. Great location, amenities and staff. Grounds were very clean and well kept. Everything is within walking distance and the hotel can be accessed from town or the beach which was very nice.

Although it is a bit of an older hotel, it is in great shape and the people make the difference. I sent this personal note to the hotel general manager due to an exceptional experience we had:

==================

Sr. Rosa,

I wanted to write a note sharing a great experience my family and I had at your hotel.

We have just arrived home from a one week stay at your hotel and we really had a wonderful time. The hotel was very clean, well maintained and your staff was very pleasant and attentive to our needs during our stay.

We really enjoyed the amenities, Laura the parrot, and the overall great experience during our stay. My wife and I stayed with you about 12 years ago and had a similar experience back then. Thank you very much for all the hard work and effort that goes in to making your hotel such a great place.

I would also like to call out a very special person at your facility Elena Garreiro. Last Friday 11.7.2014, we ran into a problem with our rental car. It appears the battery had died and would not start. Fortunately we were not in a big hurry to leave and I asked Elena Garreiro for some assistance in contacting the rental car agency as my Portuguese is not as good as it used to be. She happily assisted me and kept me informed of progress being made. When the rescue car arrived, she walked down to the parking garage with me and ensured the car was operational so that we could drive back to Lisbon.

This was particularly special as the issue was with with the rental car and had nothing to do with your hotel services, but she assisted me anyway and for this I am very grateful. Her attitude, pleasant demeanor and efforts made me and and family feel very special.

I travel pretty extensively for my work and rarely do I see this level of customer service. Elena should be praised and given a raise in my opinion for her hard work. She even went as far as to give me her mobile phone number in the event the rescue vehicle did not appear, or if I needed additional assistance.

This is first class service in my opinion and for this reason alone, I would return to your facility in hopes of being treated the same way.

Please tell her thank you once again from me and my family.

Room Tip: We stayed in the city view adjoining room with our kids. Very quiet and comfortable. Lots of room which is good with 2 kids who get bored very easily. I would assume the beach view would be pretty awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cesar d
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just returned from two week holiday. Having stayed a many large hotel in various places, have to say this one is right up there at the top of the list. Everyone of the staff from the bar, maids, restaurant to pool staff were friendly and helpful and always had a word when they saw you.
The rooms (we had sea view) were large, lovely balcony to sit out on, clean and plenty of storage space.
The breakfast was great, could not fault it. The evening meal is not your usual buffet meal, but a waiter service with a large choice of menu each night plus the specials of the day, it was like eating out in a post 5 star restaurant every night of the holiday. If you were thinking of booking half board it is well worth doing, cannot express my delight with the evening meals. Entertainment show was great too, and some evening there was additional entertainment too.

The pool area and sunbeds is a lovely area, no problem with getting sunbeds early, plenty of space.

The gym was the only disappointment, it was small in the basement, old equipment and the one of the two air conditioning units did not work nor was it repaired despite our reporting it several times. This did not fit in with the rest of the hotel. However, if you are not wanting to use the gym everything else about this hotel is splendid.

Room Tip: work having a sea view
3  Thank Allison I
GrupoSolverde, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Algarve Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello Allison I,

Thank you for your comments about our Hotel.
We were very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at Solverde Hotel Algarve Casino and especially the service. We will pass your compliments to the staff of the bar, cleaning, restaurant, pool, etc. :)
Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel in excellent location - walk down stairs onto beach or 5 mins along street to main bar / restaurant area. The rooms overlooking the sea are a good size but are a bit dated & definitely not 5* standard & could do with updating but as you won't spend much time in your room don't let that put you off. Also be aware that the pool is deep from the moment you step of the steps - not good for non swimmers like myself!

Room Tip: Overlooking the sea but ask for higher floor to try and get some sunshine on verandha.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alan57muir
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for one week.fantastic location right on the beach. Paid a bit extra for sea view room, well worth it.
Free wifi, free safe, fridge in room. Good location for shops and restaurants .excellent big salt water swimming pool.sunbeds were taken early but staff did put more out if you asked.
We went full board and food choice was excellent although only one small moan,was it seemed to take an age to receive ,especially lunchtimes near the pool.
We were sat for two hours one day,must admit we did have starter, main and desert.lesson learned for following day, main only!
That said, staff were all friendly,food, hotel and location were also good.
Would return again for sure.maybe just go half board next time as plenty of nearby shops and restaurants .

Room Tip: Pay the extra for sea view
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a week, the location of it cannot be faulted, it is right on top of a stunning beach with plenty of sunbeds available to hire (5 euro/day) or alternatively a nice pool with free sunbeds. The rooms were lovely, ours had a sea view which was definitely worth it, good cleanliness standards and air con. The breakfast was also good. The only thing that let it down was the restaurant for dinner if you're half board wasn't very good, it lacked atmosphere and the main courses were not up to standard at all. However the service was excellent and apart from that I would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room and go B&B not half board

Hello malingibounce,

Thank you for your comments about our Hotel.
We were very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at Solverde Hotel Algarve Casino, location and service.
We also appreciate the fact that you have recommend us.

Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,