Have just returned from 11 days at the Tivoli Marina Portimao. It's described as a 4 star but realistically, it's an excellent 3 star.
The staff at the hotel are fantastic, English is widely spoken and the service levels are very high indeed. Nothing seems to be too much trouble.
The complex itself is very clean, the rooms are cleaned every day & the housekeeping staff do a wonderful job. We had a 2 bedroomed apartment which faced the marina on one side & faced the road to the beach on the other. The apartment was very spacious but a little tired & dated & was ready for a little refurbishment. The kitchenette is adequate but you would never be able to prepare a meal for 6 people on 2 hob rings with no oven. Fortunately we intended to eat out, not in.
The hotel sits next to Portimao Marina, but is actually in Praia Da Rocha which is a very popular, bustling beach resort. There are several excellent restaurants within a short walk of the hotel.
The pool scene is very quiet. There is one large saltwater pool which the children did occasionally enjoy, but they much preferred the immaculate beach at Praia Da Rocha & the beautiful crystal clear waves of the Atlantic!
Breakfast was included in our stay and it was always substantial and suited a wide variety of tastes. Fresh fruit, cereals, freshly cooked waffles & omelettes, full English, the lot. The standard was excellent.
The hotel restaurant also serves lunches & in the evening there is an a la carte menu but also a substantial bbq buffet with lots of meat & fish to suit all tastes. They also have a brilliant take away pizza service. In the Aqua Lounge above the restaurant, they serve the most amazing cocktails. Try and fit the Happy Hour into your day!
There is an issue with this hotel & its a fairly big one. Its is situated right next to a public beach. If you are housed in the south part of the hotel, the noise at night is dreadful. During our stay, a big music festival was taking place on the beach (MEO Spot) which ran every evening from 11pm - 6am. It doesn't really matter how much you complain, there is very little the staff can do. They regularly phone the police but this makes little difference. The only thing to do is buy earplugs which ensure an excellent nights sleep. We were travelling with older teenagers who were delighted & attended the festival themselves, but it's very difficult keeping earplugs in a baby's ears so if you're travelling with little ones, you need to be aware of this.
Overall, this is a lovely hotel with polite & attentive staff. The views of the various boats & yachts in the marina are just beautiful & the nearby beach is probably the best I have ever been to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tivoli Marina Portimão is a 4 star resort with a privileged location next to Portimão Marina and Praia da Rocha in the Algarve, Portugal. This hotel is perfect for spending a holiday with friends or family and is right next to shops, restaurants and entertainment. Water sports, golf and activities for children are just some of the options available. It offers ample studios and apartments divided among three buildings, the Marina Sun, Marina Deck and Marina Beach which are walking distance from all the hotel's services, including the 3 pools (one for children) and the restaurants and bars inside the resort. If you prefer, we also have our Tivoli Buggy available which will take you on a fun and comfortable ride to anywhere in the resort or to Praia da Rocha. If you feel the Tivoli Marina Portimão has the perfect scenario for a special event, wedding or banquet, our team will be pleased to prepare a room to your taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tivoli Marina Portimao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Portimao Portimão
- Tivoli Marina Portimao Hotel Portimão
- Tivoli Arade
- Tivoli Marina Portimao Algarve, Portugal