“Good food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Food here is good and freshly cooked -we ate a la carte on this occassion but the 3 course special for €8 is exceptional value. Regarding other reviews about bread and olives.... as with every restaurant in the area the price of bread, olives, pate and cheese is listed at the top of the menu - if they bring to your table and you dont touch them then you dont pay - you only pay for what you eat - dont open the cheese if you are not going to eat it as you will be charged - no big deal

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here. It was an accident as we thought it was another restaurant. Unfortunately we paid for this mistake as well. Advertised special 8.90 three course meal but the bread and olives cost more than the special
The waitress seemed very disinterested and seemed to spend more time with Portuguese speaking clientele than anyone else.
The food was awful. I had prawns and was aghast when they came raw on the plate which was advertised as prawn cocktail. It was disgusting and tasted awful
I would definitely advise future holidaymakers to go to plenty of other places as this was not a nice experience for us
Try at your peril !!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

just read the other reviews and can see where they are coming from. The review reference "tourist trap" ie, olives, etc., we agree. Similar happened to us and we ate some, not realising that the cost of the items was going to cost more than the meal! Me and my wife went into the restaurant after seeing the advertisement outside of 3 courses for 8.90 euros. We had soup starter, my wife had fish and chips and I had lamb chops and 2 desserts. To be honest for £8 each we thought it was pretty good for 3 courses considering we paid anything between 10 and 17 just for a main elsewhere.

When the bill came there was about another 8 euros on the top which was for the olives, cheese, pate, etc. I complained to the owner, said that we didn't ask for it. He said it is a portugese tradition and the portugese would moan if you didn't put it on the table. I then explained that I'm not portugese (which he could see I'm not). Why would I want to pay 8 euros for a bit of pate, etc. when I had come in for the value of the 3 course meal. He did, to give him his due, remove the charge from the bill. The secret is to walk in there and just eat the 3 course meal and nothing else.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Good food (make sure you use salt). Sea bass was grilled to perfection and octopus was perfectly cooked with just the right amount of garlic. Good choice of deserts. Cocktails are lovely and reasonably priced. Table setup is a bit minimalistic, but tasteful and modern. Music is modern, with some light minimal house filling the background. It is not laud at all, it is just at the right level. Staff is friendly, always smiling. Pleasant and professional, but more than what you normally encounter at the restaurant such as this. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Visited the restaurant in early March (quiet, very quiet) and had a great meal. I see in the only other review they didn't like the place and had a few issues but I did not. Yes they give you bread and olives etc without asking but if you don't touch them or eat them you don't get charged for them.
I had the Portuguese steak and it was really good, the sauce was amazing. My wife had the Salmon but her favorite thing of all was the desert. She had the chocolate mouse and spend the rest of the week compairing everything to it. The only small issue I had was that I asked for about 3 different wines before they had one which was available and chilled. Thankfully the bottle we ended up with was really really good and we ended up with more than one. Most places on the strip in Praia De Rocha are tourist traps and from the 3 places we ate at in Praia De Roche, this is the only one worth a review and I would happily go back again.