“Food and service truelly fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lusana Restaurante

Lusana Restaurante
Ranked #119 of 491 Restaurants in Portimao
Price range: US$5 - US$55
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
“Food and service truelly fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stumbled upon this restaurant come wine cellar whilst exploring, and a very happy stumble it was; excellent service, fantastic food, great value for money. Ordered monkfish kebab and I couldn't have asked for a better meal. Staff friendly and welcoming; we all hope the waitress who served us enjoys her next holiday to Zanzibar. Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank ppeasey

• Polish first
Kilkenny
“Lusanna is a hidden gem that we happened to stumble upon while exploring Portimao! A real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Initially we stopped by for a pre dinner drink in the lovely tapas area of the restaurant and returned to have dinner there later. We were so impressed with the food and Suzanna's wonderful knowledge and reccomendation of the local wines. We asked Suzanna what wine she would reccomend where she advised us to order of food first before she would pair it with a lovely wine.
We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with great hosts Suzanna and Luis. We were determined to pay another visit before we left Portimao, which we did! I hope they never take the duck with Silves oranges off the menu, or at least that it will be there on my return next time! If you are looking for an affordable and wonderful meal with great service and local knowledge, I highly recommend Lusanna !
GnT Ireland

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank GNkk
Algarve, Portugal
“Lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went there on a sushi night with some friends!! Lovely staff and great sushi!!! A boy and a girl were making sushi the minute we ordered, very good indeed!!

Definetly will come back for some portuguese food because the smell was really good!!!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Very lovely food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This restaurant is really lovely, you just cannot fault the food.
Good value for money, it's just a shame its a bit hidden away from the main touristy part in the evening but I would definitely reccoment a visit. The waiter told me its family run as well which I think it's a plus. I went last year and came back this year. Both times really nice and good value.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Claudia706
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A taste of traditional Portugal with sophistication!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Visited here on twice on my adventures to Portimào. First was to have a bottle of wine, I ended up with a Rosè that wasn't to my taste (partly my fault, as I did not discuss this with the waitress) however, did not feel I was asked my preference. Thoroughly enjoyed the outside atmosphere of the place and liked that it was still very busy with local families and visitors until 10:30pm. We were curious to come again as liked everything that Lusana had to offer. On our second visit we chose to have some dinner which consisted of 5 tapas dishes. These were very reasonably priced and good sized portions to share between 2; 4 dishes could be adequate but there is so much to choose from. This is very much traditional food and people may be put off by the use of offal in their dishes i.e. liver, chicken gizzards and black pudding. Please don't let this stop you from visiting, as there are plenty of fresh fish and meat dishes on offer and the waitresses are happy to help with anything. Our meal total including 2 juices and a litre of delicious sangria was €35 and was worth every penny. We also stayed on to have a bottle of red wine after our meal, which is specifically for wine and tapas. It is beautifully decorated in a cowboy western style with half barrelled seats and tables. When we asked the waitress for a bottle of red she was honest and told as she had limited knowledge and got her boss (the owner) who gave us some knowledge about the Portuguese grapes and how many are grown and used. She asked our preferences and gave us our wine. We did not ask te price and wondered if we had now been given the dearest bottle in the bar as it tasted delicious. We could not grumble when the bill arrived and it was only €8. Overall, this hidden gem was a lovely place to find and would definitely recommend a visit to anyone who visits Portimào. We will be visiting again. I would also like to congratulate the owner on being back at work 10 days after having her baby and serving people at tables and behind the bar. This shows the customer commitment that Lusana has to offer.

• Visited July 2013