“Great hotel overall & location not so bad.”

Hotel Apartamentos Mirachoro II
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Portimao
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have just came back from a weeks stay with my partner, & must say that we were surprised the room it's self was spacious for a 1 bed apartment we stayed self catering, the kitchen had everything we needed, and the shower was extremely powerful overall for what you pay the rooms are more than adequate. The only down side We had was a smell coming in through the room I'm not 100% sure but would say it was sewage we had the room facing the skate park buy after speaking with the hotel staff they had no hesitation in changing our room, have seen people comment on location but in all fairness they run a bus 3 times a day to the beach & also pick back up. Walking distance is about 10-15 minutes to the scratch/strip & not a bad walk in never walked back so can't comment on that, a taxi back cost €3.90. The resort it's self praia da rocha was not what we expected we found it a little on the quiet side for us bar wise, the strip is not very big at all & it seemed most the bars were the same entertainment night in night out became very repetitive, I found it a little pricey for drinks but again depends on what you are used to paying at home, cocktails were no cheaper than €5 each unless you drank the offers but again same cocktails on offer night in night out for about €3.50 we found cider very expensive at €6 a bottle for a magners double the price we'd pay at home same for strongbow.! I feel the holiday was miss sold to us as I wanted lively nights but some where quiet to sleep, albuferia would be the place for people looking for a more lively holiday. Overall review. Hotel was excellent for what we payed, beach was absolutely stunning & night life in my opinion moderate & slightly on the pricey side. I would recommend restaurant Atlantis for a nice meal.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Emma_jaine81

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Me + my wife stayed here for a week, very friendly people in hotel, hotel is not very busy as many of the guests go to enjoy the beach and free hotel bus what goes very regular through the day, apart from Sundays, the pool isn't massive but it is ideal and very clean, plenty of people enjoying themselves, our room was very spacious, hall way, bath + shower and bidet, large bedroom and double size living room, the air con is only in living area, the beds are not very comfotable, what we done is slept in the living room, there were two large settee in there so we put the matresses on the floor, saying that I am a big person and I love my own mattress, much better + air con was on us then, there is a skateboard -bmx ramp behind if you are staying in mirachora 2 which I noticed some1 on trip advisor complained about it, to be honest they are not noisey and not there late at night, kids playing woop woop, the main bulding mirachora 1 is noisy in the night I was told, plenty of things 2 do in the algarve, stunning beaches, lovely people, good food and very cheap drinks, you can get all info from reception, they are very helpful, best food we had is a chineze called ulike, choise of 25 items, eat as much as you like, all cooked fresh as you order for under 10 euro per person, must try :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank markandlouise
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We just returned on Sunday after booking this very last minute. I was concerned after booking when I read some of the reviews - however we really cant complain at all. We had booked a studio apartment and were upgraded to a 1bed apartment which was massive with two balconies. I would agree with a previous report that said the rooms were in need of a bit of an update, however, they were very clean and bed linen, towels etc changed almost everyday. The whole place is very clean including the pool area but above all else every member of staff we met were so helpful, friendly and really seemed interested in making sure you had a good holiday. It is about 15/20 min walk to the beach but the beach alone is worth it and the positive side of being slightly out of town is that you can sleep at night as its quiet. There is also a free bus service 3 times a day to take you into town/beach which stops at 6pm but taxis are cheap if you want to party in the town. The only negative for me were the views from our apartment as it felt a bit like a concrete jungle and not the prettiest area - however, this wouldnt stop us going back again. Special thanks to Carlos from Gill and Steve-he was wonderful!x

4  Thank 5Gill6
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hotel is lovely and clean, has a real Portuguese holiday feel, but its in a terrible location. It's 20 minutes walk at least to the beach and any amenities. It's in a very residential area which is a bit grotty - not really a side of Portugal you want to see on holiday. The hotel itself is ok, there is no entertainment at all, but the bar area is nice, and the barman great. The pool is quite small but again lovely and clean, there is always sun beds free. All of the hotel is a bit dated, but a great 2 star and good for its money, just expect to walk or get a few taxis.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, it was great, huge!! Wasn't aware we could of had air con, ap...
3  Thank Elaine C
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at these apartments. They are a little dated but are spotlessly clean and comfortable. Initially, we had an apartment without aircon as I was not offered it at the time of booking , but after spending the first two sleepless, sweltering nights with just the balcony door open, on the fifth floor, right under the flat roof which had soaked up the sun all day, we asked to be moved to an apartment with aircon ! The hotel manager was brilliant about it, there was no hassle at all and the we weren't even charged for the upgrade !! All the staff are very friendly, especially the waiters in the bar who are lovely ! The apartments are a fair old way from the main resort and the beach, we taxied it, in the evenings, average cost about 5 euros, there is a free bus from the hotel, 3 times during the day ! There is a huge supermarket about 15 mins walk away, which is definitely worth a look ! The bar snacks available are nicely cooked and presented and we felt, good value for money and are ideal for lunch times ! Another reviewer has mentioned a sewage smell, and yes it can be a bit strong during the night when the tanks are being pumped, only noticed it once during the whole week though ! All in all we would use the Mirachoro 2 again, but would book an apartment with aircon !!

2  Thank PlymSusie
Reviewed 10 July 2013

the rooms are nice but the beds are not very comfortable you get these blankets that look like they've been sitting there, im still questioning weather they were clean or not.

the SMELLLLLLLL OF SEWAGE is too much its unbearable at times especially at night when you want the balcony door open for fresh air all you get is a woft of sewage.

the cleaners only come and change towels thats all.

overall the hotel is basic no entertainment at all i found my self being so bored at night because there was no entertainment and guys there is a TV but its tiny plus limited English channels and dont forget you 10euro deposit for the remote too.

kitchenette was not good i think we had one spoon and a tin opener.

overall not a bad stay could of been WAYYY better though

many thanks

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nataliesmith_96
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Well just got back from these apartments . I had seen all the reviews and was mortified at what I was reading .. We paid very little money for a weeks holiday with my two teenage sons . First of all let me say everything I read was wrong !!!!!! The hotel is very clean ( if a little dated ) the staff are REALY friendly and very helpful . The pool is good ( if a little cold but ok ) sunbeds ok just like any other abroad !! Prices in the hotel are very good .. Location is ok ( 15 minute walk down hill to town . Steady walk . But there is a free bus .. The rooms are massive .. Overall this holiday is very good value for money ...!!!!! If you paye 1 star prices n get a 3 star hotel how can people moan ..... Had to put this on to put people's minds at rest who mite be going !!!!! Very good ...... Cjk 111

• Stayed: July 2013