Stayed for 1 week in July.
Weather- windy+++, blue skies, sweater cool in evenings.
Accomodation- Garden villa, 2 bedroom, large double and a twin room. Very large open plan dinning, lounge kitchen downstairs- couldn't find any fault. Free wireless thoughout resort- why can't more hotels provide this basic service!
Facilities- very family/young family oriented, 4 pools, all filled with young kids splashing and having fun. My kids are a bit older so the inability to have an adult swim got a bit tiresome. The one pool not "supervised" is small and round, not ideal for swimming. Fantastic fat-boy bean bags around pools, hard to lie anywhere out of the wind.The gym is nice although lacking in floor space and weight equipment. 3 resturants, 1 very expensive, 1 pretty expensive and one just expensive. seemed to have only 1 english speaker on duty at a time. We had a 30 euro/head buffet with free cocktail one night. buffet was very average quality- no wow dishes- we asked if we could have a beer instead of the free 7.50 euro cocktail but were told no. Stupidly inflexible.
Reception. Check in was fine. We had 4 small problems we needed maintenance for . It took 3 days and 4 contacts with reception to resolve. Check out was ok, althought the receptionist hd to walk slowly to the back office 3 times to print things out and he didn't pick up that we were in a rush.
Clientel- all seemed nice. multiple blackberries around and many hushed serious conversations into them around the pools. Reading matierial mixed- lots of economic and political books. occ trashy novels ready buy trophy husbands/wives. (mostly joking , everyone we met were v.nice.) ( lots of kids called Tarqin and Olivia)
Overall great holiday for 7-10 days esp' with kids up to 12 yrs. Would happily return. Car hire pretty essential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres