We have just come back from Martinhal - we stayed in the hotel - and one of the best weeks we can remember. We read many of the reviews as well as information from various agencies and people who have visited the resort before we went. The week at Martinhal still exceeded our expectations. And wait for it.... it was just us. A couple! No children. The first week abroad on our own since our honeymoon.
Martinhal makes it clear that it is a luxury resort for families - it even carries it in all its advertising. Yes, there are children in the restaurants and by the pool and in all places in between. It is perfect for families. But it was perfect for us too. There are plenty of quiet spaces if you want them. For us the buzz of young families in fact enhanced the atmosphere. We could move easily and quietly amongst any busyness whenever we wanted to.
And the hotel, its location, the area around, is stunning. The water cold but crystal clear. The sun hot but often with a lovely breeze. And it's quiet in the evenings and the tennis court was never too busy. We liked each of the resort restaurants for different reasons. Have lunch at As Dunas. Go dolphin watching. Take a surf lesson. Hire a car. Find the beaches at Cordoama and especially Amado. Try the grilled Sea Bream!
Maybe the service is a little naive at times. Maybe finding the best spot by the pool wasn't exactly easy. Maybe the water in the minibar is too expensive. But that's the level of our displeasure!
We were very sad to leave and can't recommend Martinhal highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel