We have just come back from the Martinhal having spent a wonderful week there. It was our first visit and overall the whole holiday exceeded our expectations. Although it is a resort holiday everything is well spaced and peaceful which eliminates that holiday camp feel. The standard of accommodation is also very high and whilst it accommodates for children well it still feels very grown-up.
There's a good selection of restuarants on-site which are more expensive than the off-site local restuarants however, they open early and have excellent play areas. We was also pleased to see some healthy options available for children as opposed to the usual rubbish that is often on offer. That said, if you want to go mad and order pizza and ice-cream you are well catered for. We also made use of the Italian take-away service which was great at the end of hard day of sand castle building.
The pools are excellent and we loved the covered pools when it got very hot (well over 30 for three days). The beach is also a short walk from the hotel reception and not at all crowded. It was lovely to walk along the bay after dinner and watch the sunset. There is a babysitting service which we did not use however, we made use of the kids club for one morning. I honestly did not think I would use it but our four year son asked if he could go and play. He had a good time and came out happy having discovered a train-set to play with. The staff working with the children are friendly and English speaking and care about whether the children are happy and engaged.
We would happily return to the Martinhal and can say without any doubt that this place is BETTER than the brochure! Also, the staff are fantastic, nothing is a problem and they care about whether you are having a great time. There is a very strong sense among the staff that they are proud to work at the Martinhal and want you to really enjoy your time there. I hope their boss reads some of these reviews!
We can't wait to go back - Thank you Martinhal for such a wonderful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Prestigia so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel