We stayed 9 nights in the mimosa villas. Interior decoration is above average for similar Algarvian high-end resorts. We shared an almost 'private pool' with the other 22 villas... Which we badly needed as the main pool at the hotel are crowded and very noisy. There was a large flat screen TV which offered 1 childrens channel in English and Sky News. The villas are privately owned and the owners take their sky viewing cards with them. Very disappointing as the World Cup was on television and the resort bar had no licence to show the final in English. Many disappointed German guests complained. When I complained to guest services that when we put our daughter to bed we would like to be able to watch some television in English she said she appreciated and understood the predicament we were in, but there was nothing she could do for us.We have stayed many times in other Algarvian resorts and have always had BBC etc. she informed us that all of the Algarve lost BBC and some other English Channels in March 2014. My husband rang the resort we stayed in last year in Quinta do Lago and they still provide the English channels in their villas. My husband was not impressed that we had been lied to. Also the wind is regularly so strong on the Sagres peninsula that you are not able to sit out in the evening without trousers and a jacket... Something you do not expect when coming to the Algarve in high summer. The wind during the day is very uncomfortable when you try to lie by the pool. The food is of good quality but the waiting staff are disinterested and some have a poor command of English and seem almost apathetic to their 'posh' patrons. We fell into the mistake of buying into the recent hype surrounding this resort. They opened in 2010 and four years later they have a lot to learn about customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel