I rarely review places, but had I know how windy it is at Martinhal I would not have gone. It was so windy - to the point that you we were not able to sit on the beach for sand blowing in our faces! Also, the sea is bitterly cold.
As for the resort, it is lovely, but you pay for all extras and there wasn't much to do for older children. Realistically for the same money you can get a lot more else where.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Destinology, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel