“greatest surf school in Sagres”

Freeride Surfcamp & School
More attraction details
Owner description: Freeride Surfcamp & School is located at Hotel Memmo Baleeira in Sagres. Our surf school works only with small groups and private surf teaching. Taylor made surf vacations are allso available. Our experienced and qualified surf instructors will take you to the next level on surfing. We love to teach as much as touring you to the most authentic areas around Sagres either for a surf guide or to the best local restaurant and bar.
Trinidad and Tobago
354 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 635 helpful votes
“greatest surf school in Sagres”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

the teens liked the surfschool and its coach, Joao. the kit was pretty new and his teaching helped master the tricky waves. we had good fun, paid reasonable price and spent a memorable day o ut.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank FOL-1003

Zaandam, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great surfing, excellent teaching”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Booked a five day surfing course.
Marta is the owner of the school and did the lessons herself, sometimes together with a second teacher.

We visited several beaches. The last two days we had a pleasant stay in the beach-cabin during the break and after the lessons.

Key words: personal attention and feedback, experienced teacher, professional. She is a respected member of the Sagres Surf Scene, that makes it even a little more special.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank EelcoHos
Konolfingen, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“unforgettable surf lessons”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

For my holidays I wanted to leave Switzerland and learn to surf for three weeks in the Algarve, at the beaches around Sagres. To start with surfing I decided to take some lessons in a surf school. A french couple advised me, based on their good experiences, to go to the freeride surfcamp & school at the Cordoama beach, wich is probably the most beautiful beach I've seen during my trip. For 3 days, I learned sometimes in small groups, sometimes alone, the basics of surfing. Marta, our surf teacher, showed us all the important moves and tricks a very patient way and answered all our question with her know-how. Marta taught us as well everything about security of surfing , wich is, in my opinion, the most important thing for a beginner like me. After the 3 days I was able to surfing in small waves at the cordoama beach. What I heard from other surf students they were also more than satisfied with the Freeride surfcamp & school. So I am already thinking to go back to Portugal, to the Algarve for more surfing!

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Thomas v
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Work hard, play hard, relax hard!”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed at Sagres for a week and enjoyed surfing lessons at Freeride Surfcamp! Very nice and professional surf instructors. Brought us to the beach every day and we could return directly after the surfing lessons or stay to enjoy a few beers. Really something to recommend!

1 Thank Vincenteniris
Co Mayo
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great Surf School”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Husband and son went to surf school for 2 days. Easy to register and very good value. Thank you to Marta and her fellow instructors who were very patient with beginners. Taken to beach in National Park which was beautiful (if a little windy). I sunbathed while watching them in action. Great instruction and a lot of time spent in the water and at least 3hrs in school each day. Look out on hotel website (Memmo) as sometimes surf packages available occasionally.

Visited July 2011