“Absolutely superb!”
Review of Bulldog Buggies

Bulldog Buggies
More attraction details
Owner description: Bulldog Buggies offer a truly unforgettable off-road safari. Our 500cc All-Terrain buggies will take you through the tracks, trails, hills and riverbeds of the Algarve. Breathtaking scenery, panoramic views and wildlife. No previous experience necessary and fun for all the family
Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

I came here with my wife and a friend of ours from England. I have done many 'off-road experiences' and have never rated any of them more than utterly average!

Before we arrived I expected it to be the same (worn out old buggies and a 5mph procession over mild terrain) but no, Dan (the owner) met us with his dog Alfie did a short but thorough safety briefing then gave us our buggies (VERY nice, fairly new looking 500cc water cooler serious looking pieces off kit!).

He then took us through moderate terrain whilst we were getting used to the vehicles then gradually throughout the day increased the level of terrain we were driving on until we all felt like we were driving up Everest.

All three of us left with huge grins, muddy faces and only great things to say about the day! All three of us are skydivers and my mate and I are petrol heads so we know a good adrenalin rush. And this, although safe and not 'crazy fast' is a really good one!

If you're reading this and not sure whether you want to do it or not, trust me when I say do it!

3  Thank Phil-Dickens-uk
"face mask"
in 4 reviews
"great trip"

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Went out with Dan, my Mum and Dad (in their late sixties !) and me.... Dan was hugely professional, took great care of my Mum in the lead car and was a mine of useful info on the sights around us.... and Dad and I had a fantastic time driving the buggies up and down hills, through water and all the rest. A great, fun packed 2 hours and a truly unique way to see the hidden side of this part of Portugal. Thoroughly recommended !

1  Thank Fi0naOR
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Took my 8 year old son on this buggy trip on the last day of our holiday - it was a quiet time of year (Oct) so it was just Dan (the owner/guide) and ourselves on the trip.

It had been raining that week so there was plenty of muddy puddles to splash through (to the delight of my son!) and a fantastic route through the hills around a reservoir. Great views that you can't get to by car.

Buggies were well maintained (certainly compared to a buggy tour I did 3 years ago in Lanzarote which were in a terrible state).

As Dan states on his website, this isn't a fast trip so if you're looking for an adrenaline hit, then pick something else but if you're after some safe entertainment that you simply can't do in the UK, you won't go far wrong with this. My son absolutely loved it.

1  Thank JamesJ_UK
Reviewed 29 October 2015

We had the best time with Dan at Bulldog Buggies. All the reviews I read were excellent so had high expectations and a bit nervous, it was more fun than we could have imagined. Took 2 teenagers 17 and 13 who said it was brilliant and are still talking about it. Drivers and passengers have the same amount of excitement, so really something for everyone. The views are stunning. For a fun holiday activity its unbeatable, got to be done ! Thanks Dan, safe, friendly and worth every penny .

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank 392colettec