“Wonderful!”

Azoris Faial Garden Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Horta
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in a room in the Sao Jorge villa. A beautiful room with your own terrace looking out into the garden. Breakfast is good with a lot of choice in bread, fruits, local cheese and marmelade!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 8 nights for a conference in June 2014. I did not expect much from the pictures, but I was pleasantly surprised by a number of factors, most important of which was the friendly service and hospitality. The staff went out of their way whenever someone needed something.

A few things to know:

Wifi was spotty and slow. For a small amount you can purchase wifi for a week through a local provider and it works in different places on the island.

The rooms were updated about 5 years ago and are pretty nice. The beds, however, leave a little to be desired in the way of comfort.

They have a full bar area with tv. Nice area to have a drink at the end of the day.

Pretty substantial breakfast each morning although the food in the Azores, generally, leaves a lot to be desired.

There are two beaches within walking distance, the nicer of which is about a 5-7 minute walk.

The hotel is centrally located. Really a perfect spot, steps away from everything.

They have a small gym and indoor pool as well as a nice outdoor infinity pool. Beautiful views!

I would highly recommend this hotel for this specific location and would not hesitate to return.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Ben P
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Although we only stayed one night after arriving in Horta, it was a comfortable stay with a good breakfast buffet. The hotel itself is getting a bit older, but remains very well maintained. The service was very good and the lounge was comfortable. When we return to Horta again, I would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a 5-day symposium in this hotel. And we stayed about 8 days. Our only complaint was that in the Azores they seem to think that a queen or king size bed is really just twin beds with twin sheets... if they had done anything to bridge the two beds, including a common sheeting and blanket, it would have been much nicer. That said, the food was fine although not a dinner hot spot but walkable to wonderful restaurants, and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Our view (and we understand this is the view of all sleeping rooms in the main hotel -- they do have some cottages on the grounds) was of the marina, the ocean,and Pico Island across the water. We had a view (on clear days) of the Pico Volcano, highest peak in the Azores. This island is wonderful, full of things to do and places to see. We will go back, as it's an easy 4-5 hour trip from the US east coast... closer than the rest of Europe, and quite natural, unspoiled, and fresh! We loved it.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a sea view, so that's easy.The second floor is perfect, high enough for some...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peggy M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. All was perfect and i could not say anything bad about it. Staff is very friendly, the breakfast is wonderful, they have fresh fruits, the best organic yoghurt i've had in the Azores. Our room was perfect as well, a bathtub wish i love, plenty of English channels on the tv, and even free wifi in the rooms. I had a good sleep as its a quit hotel which is also important. The pool has stunning views of pico. There is a nice indoor pool and a superb sauna and turkish steam room. The best steam room i've had in a hotel up until now. So loved everything about the hotel!! It's also directly in the center of Horta, just go the steps down from the poolside. Would go again in a heartbeat! and if you want to do whalewatching i highly recommend hortacetaceos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eden966
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am sitting in my room at the Faial Resort. I have been here now for 5 days and have 3 more days here. Although I have enjoyed my stay, I am underwhelmed by the hotel. I came here for a meeting. First, Horta is breathtakingly beautiful!. The hotel is walking distance from the ocean and many restaurants. If you request a room on the marina side the view is spectacular. The rooms are a good size. The beds are very low to the floor and hard as a rock. The air conditioner does NOT work. The maintenance guy "fixed" it, but it did not change anything. Fortunately, it is cool at night and safe to leave the door open to let some cool air in. If you need internet access this is not the place for you! This is the worst connectivity I have experienced in any country on any continent! The have four servers and none of them work, unless you get online at 2am like I am now when there is no internet traffic. The bar is fun, and breakfast is served every morning. The breakfast food is okay -- plenty of fruit, eggs, meat and a boatload of bread! They have great coffee and local teas. I will definitely return to Horta, but I am unlikely to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view on the marina side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was my first visit to Faial and I cannot say enough about the wonderful time I had. Traveling to the home of my ancestors with my husband, brother & sister-in-law was very special. We all loved Horta and felt very comfortable there. The Fayal Resort was great and we had a lovely room with balcony overlooking the ocean. The staff were so nice and friendly. They bent over backwards to be accommodating. Always had a smile and greeting for us whenever we saw them.
We ate several meals at the hotel and the food was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank wpfwatsonville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horta
Hotel do Canal
Hotel Caravelas
Hotel Caravelas
#1 of 1 in Madalena
Residencial Sao Francisco

Been to Azoris Faial Garden Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!