“fonte 2018”

Fonte Cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018

been there a few times before, and never cease to amaze me why the staff is more courteous, nice and attentive than anywhere else in the Azores, know that some of them are college graduates working in summertime since there is no job market in Lajes...they were quick to acknowledge that my Ristretto was much shorter than usual and always cared about the many short coffees I took everyday. Food was superb, frsh fish for my wife in every of the five meals, my 5 different steaks were above top notch, my son tried mostly Chinese and enjoyed it a very nice place to eat although some locals go there to see and be seen...

Date of visit: August 2018
Aldeiadafonte, Gestor de Relações Públicas at Fonte Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello Drchrysc,
Thank you for your wonderful comments, I will make sure all of this positive feedback gets back to our staff. Hope to see you sometime in the near future!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is nice with a beautiful terrace. Menu gives enough choice, food quality was good (not outstanding but good), prices are ok. The services is terrible though! They ignored me completely at the beginning, then I had to wait 40 mins for my starter (a small salad), I had no napkin on my table, I did not get ketchup and mayonnaise straight away even though I asked for it. Bill took a long time as well and I was in a rush (which I told them at the beginning). So I would only recommend this place if you have a lot of time and patience and are not very hungry as you will have to wait a long time!

Hello Bluecy

I will be reporting your comments back to the staff and management as feedback. Please understand the restaurant is very busy in the summer and it is hard to accomodate everyone´s need in the restaurant.

best regards

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The service personnel here could use a serious attitude adjustment. When we walked up to the empty restaurant at the time of our reservation, we asked for dinner for 2 and asked where we should sit. The host who couldn't be bothered to stand up from the table she was leaning against loudly accused us of not having a reservation. Once we clarified, albeit it took a few minutes, she passively said pick anywhere.

Almost immediately after sitting down, a second server approached us and aggressively accused us of not having a reservation, once we clarified, he walked away and we finally got a third server who was fine, but man if we didn't have a rough start to this meal. On top of this, the food was average and nothing to write home about.

The table setting under the trees and lights was lovely, though. I'll give them that.

Date of visit: August 2018
Aldeiadafonte, Gestor de Relações Públicas at Fonte Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hello Nicole R.

I´m sorry you had this experience at the restaurant. I have reported your comments to management. Fortunately we have a lot of reservations in the summer time and it is very hard to accommodate all the guests for dinner without prior reservation. Our restaurant is considered one of the best on the island, both for food and for service. But, at least, you had nice comments for the scenery.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I have been there many times in the past years. It is a high quality restaurant with friendly service and a good bar.

Date of visit: July 2018
Aldeiadafonte, Gestor de Relações Públicas at Fonte Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Hello Fritz P,
Thank you for your evaluation of our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you sometime in the near future :)

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We came here for lunch and had an average experience. Service was very slow with long breaks between when the server would check-in. We were brought the wrong food at one point, and it took about an hour for the correct entrees to arrive but that didn’t seem to be of concern to the staff. Menu has a fair amount of variety with a separate vegetarian section which is great as I have found it difficult to find vegetarian options on the island. I ordered beetroot ravioli with an olive filling. The pasta itself was OK (I’m not sure where the beetroot was?), but it was served with pretty sad vegetables they said were grilled but looked to have been boiled (so mushy some were not identifiable) and were cold. We had strawberry cheesecake for dessert and it was good. I would come again if I was in the area for the vegetarian selection alone but do not expect fast/great service.

Date of visit: June 2018