“Absolute Perfection!”

Azores Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Rui and I am a Sao Miguel Island native. I love meeting people from other countries and making their visit to the Azores one they will never forget. My customers are not just clients to me – they are new friends, and as such they receive personalised service. I have many years of experience as a professional private driver, and you will find me an enthusiastic host with an excellent sense of humour. I can provide VIP services, Private Tours by Car and/or Minivan, and Airport Transfers.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent two full days with Rui and received amazing guidance to guarantee the other five days of our trip would be brilliant. Rui was incredibly welcoming when he received us at the airport and was always available to help us throughout our trip. He was incredibly knowledgeable about the history and showed us everything the island had to offer. He easily adjusted our schedule if necessary based on weather or even if we wanted to see something that we hadn't planned on. We saw Furnas, Fire Lake, Twin Lakes, Sete Ciadades, Pottery factory, Tea factory, Pineapple plantation, two swimmable hot springs (Terra Nostra and Waterfalls), received recommendations for amazing restaurants and wine stores, and we also caught a professional soccer match! Professional, personable, and absolutely trustworthy - just show up and Rui will guide you to your perfect vacation.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"wonderful guide"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Rui is a fantastic guide and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. His knowledge of Sao Miguel was brilliant and made up for the fact we had a bad day weather wise. We did the Sete Cidades half day tour and took in all the views - which were breath-taking when the clouds cleared! Also really enjoyed the Pineapple factory stop off where Rui's knowledge again was excellent. If you want a personal, insightful and comfortable tour of the sights of Sao Miguel then I would definitely recommend Rui.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Rui is a a very professional and knowledgeable individual with a unique and friendly personality.

His fleet of cars was not only immaculately clean and maintained, but were of utmost comfort and class.

Even though our trip consisted of a business trip into another island, our short layover in San Miguel was well spent with Rui.

I most definitely would recommend Rui to anyone who visits San Miguel.

Hats off to you Rui for your professionalism, knowledge, friendliness, and great personality!!!

You are awesome and we can't wait to meet up with you again and utilize your individualized great quality of service you so eloquently provide.

Best regards,

Mary Vieira

4  Thank mariafilomena
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I had a week in Ponta Delgada and I had booked my tours with Rui before leaving Canada and am I glad I did. We took two tours, one half day and one full day and they were both excellent and made our vacation so special.

Rui is such a pleasure to spend time with and so knowledgeable and helpful. He arranged our full day tour so that we could see all the points of interest that we wanted and what a wonderful day that was. Our trip to Furnas was so memorable and anyone visiting the island should make sure they book Rui to take them there.

Out of all of the private tours we have taken Rui is absolutely the best.

2  Thank Claire J