“Highly recommended”

Azores Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Rui and I am a Sao Miguel Island native. I love meeting people from other countries and making their visit to the Azores one they will never forget. My customers are not just clients to me – they are new friends, and as such they receive personalised service. I have many years of experience as a professional private driver, and you will find me an enthusiastic host with an excellent sense of humour. I can provide VIP services, Private Tours by Car and/or Minivan, and Airport Transfers.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our guide Francisco was fantastic. On a recent cruise ship stopover our party of 5 spent 4 hours exploring the Azores and were absolutely charmed by this pristine island. Azores Private Tours were easy to deal with before we arrived and Francisco was waiting for us when the ship docked. The private tour for good value and very worthwhile. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Marks969

Jamestown, Rhode Island
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Would give 5 stars if vehicles had bluetooth with speakers”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Booking via e-mail and deposit via PayPal was efficient. Greeting at the pier was as promised. The villages and towns we went to with their narrow, winding streets could not have been done with the ship's tour buses. The guide, Francisco Galvao spoke excellent English and answered every question that was asked. Unfortunately those sitting in the back two rows could not hear him. A similar tour in Iceland in a 6 passenger van was more enjoyable because it was Bluetooth/speaker equipped. The cloud ceiling was about 500 feet and we were much more dependent on what the guide was saying than what the weather allowed us to see. We all felt that we got our money's worth especially when compared with the more expensive ship's tour of similar duration. Francisco's recommended restaurant with local fares was very good.

3 Thank Frank M
RuiMedeiros, Owner at Azores Private Tours, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Mr Frank, Thank you very much for your review. I'm happy to know that you have enjoyed visiting our island with Francisco and that you would classify the tour/service with 5 stars.
I must say I was surprised about your comment regarding the sound in the minivan. My minivan which is a Mercedes Viano is properly equiped with sound system and it works perfectly. If you and your friends could not hear Francisco, you should have asked him to switch on the sound system or even to speak a bit louder. I believe that when you are not comfortable with a situation during the tour, it's always better to speak with the guide in order to solve the situation at that precise moment.
I always do my very best to make the tours an experience that our visitors will never forget. When I'm not available (and this was the case), I always try to arrange a colleague to guide my clients in the best way.
Anyway I'm happy to know that you have enjoyed the tour.
With best regards, Rui Medeiros
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolute Perfection!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent two full days with Rui and received amazing guidance to guarantee the other five days of our trip would be brilliant. Rui was incredibly welcoming when he received us at the airport and was always available to help us throughout our trip. He was incredibly knowledgeable about the history and showed us everything the island had to offer. He easily adjusted our schedule if necessary based on weather or even if we wanted to see something that we hadn't planned on. We saw Furnas, Fire Lake, Twin Lakes, Sete Ciadades, Pottery factory, Tea factory, Pineapple plantation, two swimmable hot springs (Terra Nostra and Waterfalls), received recommendations for amazing restaurants and wine stores, and we also caught a professional soccer match! Professional, personable, and absolutely trustworthy - just show up and Rui will guide you to your perfect vacation.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Can't recommend Rui enough!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Rui is a fantastic guide and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. His knowledge of Sao Miguel was brilliant and made up for the fact we had a bad day weather wise. We did the Sete Cidades half day tour and took in all the views - which were breath-taking when the clouds cleared! Also really enjoyed the Pineapple factory stop off where Rui's knowledge again was excellent. If you want a personal, insightful and comfortable tour of the sights of Sao Miguel then I would definitely recommend Rui.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Oakdale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A very professional and knowledgeable company and individual.”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Rui is a a very professional and knowledgeable individual with a unique and friendly personality.

His fleet of cars was not only immaculately clean and maintained, but were of utmost comfort and class.

Even though our trip consisted of a business trip into another island, our short layover in San Miguel was well spent with Rui.

I most definitely would recommend Rui to anyone who visits San Miguel.

Hats off to you Rui for your professionalism, knowledge, friendliness, and great personality!!!

You are awesome and we can't wait to meet up with you again and utilize your individualized great quality of service you so eloquently provide.

Best regards,