“Great place to stay in Ponta Delgada”
Review of Casa Vitoriana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ponta Delgada
Casa Vitoriana
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Ponta Delgada
Brooklyn, New York
“Great place to stay in Ponta Delgada”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I would highly recommend a stay at one of the places that Casa Vitoriana has to offer. We stayed in Casa Grande for two nights and were very happy and comfortable. Margarida, the owner, is most definitely a character! Being in an apartment-style accommodation was a great way to feel right at home as an Azorean in Ponta Delgada.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MissMahoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Compared to the rest of The Azores which we visited for 2 weeks in July 2011 Sao Miguel is very busy but at the end of an evening (we had 5 days here) it was very enjoyable to come back to the peace and quiet of this pleasant house in this quiet street.

We stayed in the Nespera Apartment which had a spacious lounge area leading on to a bedroom behind which in turn led to a large bathroom. The apartment overlooked a peaceful garden which was very quiet considering we were only just out of the centre of quite a busy town.

Margarida our host came up with some good suggestions for restaurants - a real benefit in Ponta Delgada which is not renowned for great dining - and this local knowledge is something you wouldn't get from a big hotel and helped us enjoy our time in Ponta Delgada.

The apartment is very well equipped with fridge,microwave, tea,coffee and kettle, nice lounge, comfortable beds and good shower and it was great to have your own space.

Sao Miguel is a great place to visit with several world-class sites such as Furnas, Sete Citades and fabulous whale and dolphin watching experiences (Futurismo were very good and seemed to have a real passion for what they were doing). I would suggest hiring a car to make the most of this large island, and Micauto were very reaonable to deal with and good value - only €35 a day.

The Azores are a fairly obscure destination and when we were researching where to go nothing really obvious stood out. However with experience ( we visited Sao Miguel, Flores, Faial and Pico) it would be easy to spend a week on each island and we definitely regretted spending not more than 3 days on Flores (a week would have been perfect). The Casa Vitoriana is a perfect place to begin your exploration of the perfect Azores islands.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EssexWolf
Berlin
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Casa vitoriana is definitely a very beautiful victorian style house in the middle of ponta delgada. The house has a beautiful and very big garden. There are a few rooms in the main house and some little bungalow style houses in the garden. As i came alone i chose one of the rooms in the main building. The rooms are very big, nicely decorated, private bathrooms are across the hall. again very clean.

I believe it is a beautiful house but the atmosphere of the house is not maintained in the service and communication with the guests/customers. The owner, Margarida is a very good person but she acts very hectic and stressed with the guests. As it is a self catering house i assumed that we were able to use the kitchen/put some stuff in the refrigator etc. In the first two days the owner didnot tell me anytnng about the refrigator or kitchen. In the third day as I went to grocery shopping, at that day I went bymyself to the kitchen and linked the totally unused refrigator to the electricity etc and put my stuff in. After that day she put for me 1-2 plates and introduced me the kitchen. One day, I forgot to clean one coffee cup althouugh i had washed everythng else, she gave me a lecture of 10-15 mins about the unwashed cup in a very stressed way. If u are managing a hotel and having customers who are on hólidays, u should be able to deal with these things in a less stressed way...They may forget to wash one piece and would do it later...In the first night as i went to bed around midnight she entered my room after knocking the door and said that i should "walk" much more quite!! I didnt know what i had to do as i was anyways very careful and as single person i dont create so much voice anyways:) that scared me quite a lot and from that day on i was so silent and careful by walking that this stressed me a lot during my holidays! if u are flying from one part of the world to the other one and expecting to have a relaxed holiday, u expect to walk normally in a casa/hotel.

I believe it is a very beatiful house with a very good-hearted owner but the house needs to have a much more professional and distant relationship to its customers/guests. If u are a couple, definitely dont stay in the rooms but rent the apartments in the garden. There u have your privacy and it is a beautiful atmosphere. But staying in the main building might be stressy as the owner is sleeping one floor below and paying a big attention to silence and other rules, which are also written in every corner of the house....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
18 Thank Bruki
Lowell, MA
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We just got back from the Azores, and stayed the final night of the week at Casa Vitoriana. We also stayed there last year. Both stays were excellent, but this time the owner outdid herself. She put us in a great little apartment where we had good access to the courtyard (great for a small child), and provided a cot and even snacks.

The location is great (maybe 10 minutes walk to the center of town at 3 year old pace), and with free parking and a great park around the corner AND only 15 minutes from the airport, we were very happy. In the morning, the housekeepers were harvesting fruit from the trees in courtyard. We were greeted like long lost friends, just as we were everywhere else we stayed on Sao Miguel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank NateLowell
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This was my first visit to the Azores and I couldn't have been happier with my accomodations at Casa Vitoriana. Right from the first moment I contacted the owner I felt completely at ease and well taken care of. I stayed in the Framboesa apartment which had a small kitchenette as well as a mostly private sitting area just outside the door. The room was immaculate and the location perfect (just a few blocks to everything). I'd have to really struggle to find something I didn't like about the Casa Vitoriana... the bed was just a touch too firm for me... but that's personal preference. A wonderful, wonderful place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank John02908
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 October 2010

It was our first time in Ponta Delgada and we were really pleased. It was a good decision to stay in the Casa Vitoriana.
We rented an appartment for 3 nights and loved the place. The appartment looked the same than on the pictures! It was nicely decorated and clean. The owner of the house was very friendly and helpful.
We had only one problem: we were 3 adults and the appartment had only 2 beds. They promissed to put an extra bed into the living-room, which supposed to be comfortable but it was small and the mattress very soft and worn. As we complained they exchanged it immediately for another bed, which was far better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank fehne09
Portugal
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I have been traveling often to Ponta Delgada, and every time I am trying out other places. This is the first really charming old house, with original old furniture and a very personal touch!

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
#7 of 23 in Ponta Delgada
Vila Nova Hotel
Vila Nova Hotel
#5 of 23 in Ponta Delgada

Been to Casa Vitoriana? Share your experiences!