“Charming and Comfortable”
Review of Casa Vitoriana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ponta Delgada
Casa Vitoriana
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Ponta Delgada
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Charming and Comfortable”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Charming and comfortable. Good breakfast. This is off the street and the complex has plenty of rooms and a charming garden area. It is conveniently located close to downtown restaurants and the port area. It is also near some charming gardens and parks. Very relaxed atmosphere. Everything was provided that we needed. You do need to pay cash. No credit cards are accepted.

Room Tip: Hidden from the street is this wonderful B and B. Our son and we occupied the fourth floor bedroom s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 34607David_S
maxima, Gerente at Casa Vitoriana, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Thank you for your kind words and your staying. It was a pleasure to welcome you and I hope to meet you in next future. Greetings from Azores

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
SE Connecticut
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed for only a week at Casa Vitoriana, in the Goiba suite. Being vegetarians, having a kitchenette was a plus. The big supermarket is a short walk up the hill, small stores nearby, and it is an easy walk to the center of Ponta Delgada. We had an overnight flight and were greeted with the luxury of warmed beds. It was late March and still a bit cool (high 50s-mid-60s). Our hostess could not have been nicer. She gave us a sprig of camellias in bloom for our little dining table, as well as fruits from her garden. Beds were comfortable and the suite was cleaned daily. If you rent a car, there is a public lot right behind the house, at the bottom of charming Jardim Antonio Borges. If you are vegetarian, visit Rotas da ilha verde on Pedro Homem n49 (look for a white light over the door) for a fabulous meal and delightful service!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank scallop
Pieksamaki, Finland
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I visited Ponta Delgada in early October and stayed in one of the self-catering aparments Casa Jardim behind a beuatiful garden. In the morning drinking my coffee outside and looking at a bananatree I sometimes thought I was somewhere in tropic. Accomdation was perfect and maybe
even too big for a solo traveller, but I could sing in shower and nobody was bothered. Having own
kitchen abled me to make my own breakfest and sometimes dinner when couldn´t be bothered to go out to eat. Ladies cleaned the place daily and even made my bed, what else (won´t tell) could a single man hope for. From Casa Vitoriana is basically a very short distance to anywhere, where one might want to go in Ponta delgada. Cornershop half a block away and big department store abou 1 km away. few words about the owner Margarida. She was very helpful always willing to help if help was needed. I think she would have liked to communicate
more with me, but I was here and there Ponta Delgada most of the day. Felt very welcome upon
arrival and felt sorry to leave, but in order to come back one has to leave.

Room Tip: Casa Jardim is my choice, reminds me of Finnish summer cottages -sauna.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ilkka T
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We felt Casa Vitoriana is in a great location, walking distance to everything
Great accommodation, met all our needs and more, with a kitchenette and very updated bathroom
there was a convenient little store just a block away where were able to secure good local food and wine
lovely little apartment, well appointed, private, with easy access
owner was quite accommodating, arranging an apartment for us on short notice, offered excellent tips for our island visit
relaxing place for a reasonable price

Room Tip: note that some rooms are on upper floors DEFINITELY ask owner for tips on visiting the island
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Audrey S
Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at Casa Vitoriana for a week last November and enjoyed the facilities very much. The lovely garden apartment was spacious with a small kitchenette which gave us the opportunity to make breakfast and even dinner one evening. Margarida was most accomodating and we loved the Island of St. Miquel which we spent every day exploring. The island is fairly quiet in November so it was nice to come back to the activitiy of Ponta Delgada in the evenings - especially for the choice of restaurants. We would highly reccommend this lovely property.

Room Tip: Choose any of the garden apartments
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bluellie
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed with my girlfriend at casa victoriana for 4 nights and we had a great time there. We stayed in the "Vitoria" room and were delighted by the richness of details with which it was decorated. Both the room and the toilet (outside the room) where very clean. We loved to have breakfast inside the room, which has a lot of space and is extremely comfortable. Mrs. Margarida was very kind to us and gave us valuable "insider" tips on where to go for a bath or for dinner (dont hesitate to ask her!). I definetely recommend this room for couples who are not on a tight budget trip.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank RodrigoKoglin
Melbourne
Reviewed 21 November 2012

The owner is lovely/crazy in a good way, gave nice recommnedations and gifted us a nice bottle of Azores wine. She took us in with an hour's notice when we arrived a day early (after escaping a horrid B&B in Povoacao a day early).
The accomodation is beautiful, very relaxing, clean and classy.
The location is great, a nice stroll into town, a couple of minutes from a scooter hire place and about 30 seconds from a corner bar where you can drink a beer with the locals and talk to the bar owner (wish I remembered his name!) about why he loves life there so much. To the reviews who talked about the 'drug rehab place' down the road - grow up - any major city anywhere in the world is more dangerous than this quarter of Ponta Delgada! As the Azores' main town it brings a little of this baggage but my wife and I had no trouble at all and felt very safe in this part of town. I'd recommend this place, and Ponta Delgada, to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
#7 of 23 in Ponta Delgada
Vila Nova Hotel
Vila Nova Hotel
#5 of 23 in Ponta Delgada

Been to Casa Vitoriana? Share your experiences!