Half Day Sete Cidades PRIVATE Jeep Tour

Book in advance
from
£276.17
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Seazores
from £276.17
More Info
All reviews sao miguel thermal pools private tour without hesitation botanical gardens tea factory island ship
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived on a cruise ship and wanted to avoid the masses that are associated with organised cruise tours.

Natasha collected us from the cruise terminal along with another couple.

She is incredibly knowledgeable about the island and passionate about it and she truly is infectious!

The tour took us to see some of the highlight and the thermal pools - the island is stunning and I dare say we’ll be back! We were very lucky with the weather according to our guide, but I feel there was a lot of judgment on her part!

The lunch included with the tour was good, the opportunity to experience some local cuisine.

Thanks Natasha for your warm welcome and sense of humour. Arrived as customers, left as friends!

Let’s not forget her fantastic 4x4 driving skills!!

1  Thank QueM-G
Reviewed 9 May 2018

We were picked up at the cruise port by Natasha and set off on our 4wd tour. It was amazing. Natasha is so in love with her island and she makes you fall in love with it too. Her knowledge and passion was wonderful! It is a beautiful little island full of hidden treasures. We had lunch in a small restaurant with authentic Azorian dishes and food for the not so adventurous eater (me). We highly recommend Seazores tours. Excellent experience! We wish Natasha and her husband much success!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I arranged this personal, private tour with Sergio because we were traveling on a cruise and I wanted to make the most of our day there. My great grandparents migrated to Hawaii from Ponta Delgada, Portugal in the late 1800s and due to some really great work by a cousin, I knew of the street they lived on, the areas they lived in, and the churches they attended. Sergio was more than helpful with all of this. He talked to people on the street my grandparents lived on, and tried to find someone who knew the family name. He took us to one of the churches in the area, and an attendant at the church went to the basement and pulled records dating back to the 1800s. Wow -- I was in Awe. Sergio tried to hard to find family for us. He also took us to Lagos das Sete Cidades. This was a beautiful tour in all aspects. The countryside, the great lunch at a small fishing boat area . He showed us where to shop for souveniers, etc. All in all, Sergio was really great. Being Portuguese myself, he made me feel like family -- but then I guess I am!! I would highly recommend Sergio for any tour you decide on. He wants to be sure you get what you came after!

1  Thank hulagal98
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I never thought much about the Azores, assuming it's remote location would not be readily reachable by me. It was not, I'll admit, on my bucket list, or even my travel radar. But my wife and I were fortunate enough to take a Transatlantic cruise, and our first stop along the way was in Ponta Delgada, Azores.

We booked this tour, which was "semi-private". It was my wife and I, another couple and a single man. Our guide and driver was Natacha, and she was great fun and made the day nice. She really kept an eye out for us. The Lagoa de Fogo portion of the tour was cut a little short because the weather was so bad that the clouds were obscuring the lake. She took us other places instead. Our visit to the Sete Cidades area was really great though. The island is beautiful and rugged and remarkable. Our photos from that day are simply amazing.

Natacha really helped make the day. She was friendly, volunteered to take lots of photos and clearly loved her island. She shared a lot of info with us as we drove around.

So why just 4 stars? It has NOTHING to do with Natacha...we HIGHLY recommend her. But the itinerary, in retrospect, allows little time for getting out and looking around. We stopped at a hot springs area and were able to walk around some there, but other than some stops at scenic overlooks and such, we spent a lot of time in the car. Yet we spent a VERY solid hour at lunch (which WAS tasty), when we could have done it in 30 and perhaps then had a bit more time for enjoying the outdoors. I know some groups may not physically be up for that challenge, but I'd challenge Seazores to be flexible in reading their group and adjusting accordingly. I think we ALL would have been more than up to some time on our own.

HOWEVER, it was still a great (and VERY reasonably priced) day.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

If you have a limited time to spend on the island then this trip is definitely for you. You will see West part of the São Miguel in less than a day. I picked a jeep tour and it could not have been better! Natasha was an amazing guide (BFF!! xx), views were breath-taking and we have learned a lot about the history and the culture here on the island. Bath in thermal pools of Caldeira Velha was a fantastic bonus! (1h entry €8) I will definitely be coming back to São Miguel and go for another trip with Natasha!!