Open today: 08:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Excellent guide, went out of his way to help.

We booked a simple transfer via the internet from the port to Poca mineral baths and a photostop on... read more

Reviewed 8 April 2017
winters_on_tour
Glos
Wonderful, beautiful and informative tour

We had an amazing day going from to many beautiful places all-throughout Sao Miguel. The tour was... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2016
Gregory B
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was in Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island in January 2014 with a friend of mine for 5 days and we had 3 half days tours with Evaristo & Daniela.
They are very professional people, friendly, flexible to our needs,always on time, it was a perfect way to visit the island and we really enjoyed.
Evaristo knows a lot about the plants of the island, I would recommend the tour with the visit to the botanical garden Terra Nostra, one of the most beautiful garden I ever seen.
Another day we had a nice hiking tour to Sete Cidades to the lakes, the village it was not too hard and we really appreciate the long walk.
I will recommend their tours to our friends that will visits Sao Miguel in the future.

2  Thank Cris021
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I joined a big game fishing tour with BigBlue and was very happy with my choice, even if my big tuna got away just a few meters from the boat after a 15 minutes struggle. The captain and his assistant did their outmost to find tunas on a day at the end of the season. They were informative an very serviceminded. The boat was dry and safe, and took the waves very well. It was very well equipped with top gear. I had a great day on the sea.
- Einar Furnes , Norway

1  Thank Einar F
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We booked a tour with Green Zone tours, but were assigned to Evaristo of Big Blue tours. Only 4 guests total in a van made for a comfortable ride with plenty of room. The tour of the island was very good, even though the weather was drizzly and somewhat foggy. Much better than the bus tour offered by the cruise ship.

2  Thank GR C
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We booked a tour with Jon and Evaristo instead of booking a touristy cruise excursion. With BigBlue, we were able to plan our day out with them -- a private tour of the island! It was reasonably priced and we got way more than our money's worth!

We told Jon and Evaristo that we wanted to see the real Azores and that is what we got! We got a little of everything plus lunch where the locals eat (OMG, the homemade wine was amazing!). Jon eve got a local shop owner to open up his store (he had closed for the day 30 minutes before we arrived) and sell us local products!

I cannot say enough of the wonderful men who toured us around. They made us feel like long-lost friends while showing us the beauty of their life and culture.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed at Sao Miguel Park Hotel In Ponta Delgado and asked a friendly staff member at the front desk which tour to book. She very much recommended Evaristo with BigBlue Adventures for several reasons:
1. He will customize the tour for what you want to see, not just a pre-set package with no choices
2. His large van is VERY comfortable with plenty of room so you don't feel bumped around
3. His rates were better than anyone else
My husband and I got to see Sete Cidades, Furnas, and Vila Franco do Campo in the same day. We were very frank with Evaristo that we wanted to rent a car the next 2 days after his tour so he was so helpful in pointing out where to drive and what highways to take to the other places that we wanted to go. His tips truly made our driving much easier over the following days.
Great English, a nice guy, wonderful historian, fun stories from his 40+ years in the Azories, good sense of humor, enjoyable to be with, and a true gentleman - we recommend him for your tour! Email: evaristomelo@hotmail.com or www.bigblue-adventures.com
Mobile: 351-966-078-829 or 351-914-372-990