Review Highlights
A Super Day in Nordeste Region

My adult daughter and I toured the Nordeste Region with Andy on our second day on the island. It... read more

Reviewed 9 December 2018
cpixok
Stroud, OKlahoma
via mobile
Great horseback riding tour with Joao

Had an amazing horseback riding tour with Casa da Lomba through Azores Connections! The horses... read more

Reviewed 3 December 2018
Jeff L

Recommended experiences in and around Ponta Delgada
from US$67.86
from US$28.76
from US$113.87
from US$27.61
More Info
All reviews helped us plan perfect itinerary tea plantation hot springs whale watching rental car after spending sete cidades sao miguel off the beaten path some great photos scuba diving swimming with dolphins sunny day unique experience mountain biking jeep tour
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We booked a last minute trip to Sao Miguel and were needing help in pulling together an itinerary to get the most from our stay.

Andy and Laura were first class in their help. They promptly responded to our many emails and using their excellent local knowledge were able to put together a package that suited our needs. This consisted of swimming with dolphins, whale watching, evening catamaran cruise and mountain biking. The operators they recommended and booked directly for us were excellent. In addition we did 3 tours directly with Andy. He was an efficient, well informed, flexible guide and was really good company. Andy really tailored each trip to what we wanted to do. It was really helpful because a couple of the walks were linear, so Andy was able to drop us off and pick us up at the end of the route.

We really felt we were able to see and do so much on the beautiful island of Sao Miguel by using Andy and Laura.

Thank you once again.

Date of experience: August 2016
Andyt361968, Owner at Azores Connections, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Thank you so much for your excellent review.
It was an absolute pleasure helping to plan your Azorean trip and show you some of this amazing island.
We're so glad you had such a great time and we hope you'll be back in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I visited Sao Miguel in May /June with my husband and 8 year old son and were really grateful for the excellent advice and service we received from Laura and Andy.

I had felt out of practice with independent travel and had struggled to find clear information on the Azores but they went over and above to provide the info we needed and patiently answer my many emails!

Laura and Andy arranged a beautiful room at the lovely Hotel Talisman in Ponta Delgada at a really good price. They also arranged transfers, car hire and a whale watching trip as well as a printed itinerary giving us a starting point for getting the most out of the island.

I don't think we would have had anywhere near as good a holiday without their help and I am sorry it has taken time to add a review.

If we are lucky enough to be able to arrange to visit again I would not consider it without them. Thank you so much for helping us make very happy memories.

Date of experience: June 2016

Thank you so much for your lovely review!
We are thrilled that you all had such a fantastic holiday here in the Azores.
We hope you'll return in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I first contacted Laura and Andy in January to make initial enquiries about our visit to the Azores. They provided useful information about flights, accommodation, car hire (and directions!), best time of year to visit and of course activities.
We wanted to combine our trip to the Azores with a holiday in mainland Portugal, so only gave ourselves 4 days on Sao Miguel. Laura and Andy were therefore indispensable at helping us get the most out of our limited time. We decided to spend 2 days doing 'private tours' with Laura and Andy and 2 days exploring on our own with our hire car. While the roads on Sao Miguel are quiet and therefore easy to drive on, it was great to be chauffeur driven by English speaking 'locals' who could tell us about the history and geography of the island. On our first day we visited the beautiful craters and interesting abandoned hotel by Sete Cidades, but also the harder to get to oceanic thermal springs of Ferraria. Another tour took us to Lagoa do Fogo, Caldheira Velha hotsprings, Ribeira Grande, Porto Formoso beach and some hidden waterfalls. For the 2 days we spent on our own we were given detailed advice on activities to do in Furnas and Ponta Delgada, including restaurant bookings for places that needed advanced reservations.
Their help and advice really allowed us to see the hidden charms of Sao Miguel in a short space of time. Now we have been given a taste we hope to visit again one day, but spend more time exploring the marine life and the other islands. We'll be sure to contact Azores Connections for our next trip!

Date of experience: August 2016

Dear Frances,

Thank you so much for your detailed review!
It was such a pleasure to meet you both and to get to show you some of the island.
We're so glad you loved finding out more about the volcanic history and geography of the Azores and got to visit so many amazing sights.
We hope you'll be back in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I booked a last minute holiday to the Azores in late July and Andy and Laura were indispensable. They responded immediately to my (many) questions, they suggested activities they thought I might like but had not thought of myself, they booked all of those activities for me (including a hotel that was sold-out online) and they checked-in with me following the activities to make sure everything had gone smoothly.

More specifically, I sent them a short email just a few weeks before my trip listing a few things that I thought I would like to do and they got back to me immediately with a proposed itinerary and suggestions for activities I might like but had not thought of. Once the itinerary was selected, they booked everything for me (including my hotel and rental car). I had zero issues with any of the bookings -- everything went very smoothly and they even got me a very good deal on the hotel. My hotel was a bit hard to find at night so Andy and Laura picked me up at the airport, helped me collect my rental car and then drove with me to the hotel which was very helpful.

I also booked two of the day tours provided directly by Andy and Laura and they were fantastic -- highlights of my trip! The tours to Furnas and Nordeste were personal and informative and gave me a much more clear view of the island, its history and its current culture. Also, they were a lot of fun -- the hot pools in Furnas and the scenery in Nordeste are both incredible and it was so nice to travel in a 4x4 rather than on the big tour buses you see other people touring around on. The restaurant choices made by Azores Connections were also delicious.

Andy and Laura also booked me on a dolphin swimming/whale watching trip and a sunset cruise which were phenomenal. Everything went smoothly with the booking (I left reviews on those organisations separately -- they were all great).

I do not normally use a travel service and would not have in this case except that I planned my trip on such short notice but I am so glad that I did -- it truly made a significant difference in the quality of my trip. If you are planning a trip to the Azores, I recommend you contact Azores Connections.

Date of experience: July 2016

Thanks so much for your very thorough and wonderful review! We loved meeting you and getting to show you some of this beautiful island. We're so glad you had a fantastic time here and we hope you'll be back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Our trip to the Azores was without a hitch thanks to Andy and Laura. I contacted Andy about 5 months before our trip and he arranged our lodging and activities for our trip. We spent two full days with Andy and he arranged a day with a different activity company for our day whale watching and swimming with dolphins.
My partner and I were blown away by the beauty of the island and the tailored itinerary that Andy provided for us. He really personalizes it to you and makes adjustments as necessary.
I'm sure he gets the same questions over and over again, but he talks about the Azores so intelligently and passionately that you can't help but ask him more ! We visited the Sete Cidades, Volcanic Pools, and the Terra Nostra Pools and Furnis, and think they are all can't miss.

My one recommendation is to listen to Andy when he says 4 days in the Azores is not enough! I wish we had listened to him and arranged for a week stay instead of 4 days.

Thank you Andy for making our trip unforgettable! We hope to come back to the Azores again in the future!

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank JaimeSays
Azoresconnections, Owner at Azores Connections, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear Jaime,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review!
Andy loved meeting you both and getting to show you around. I'm just sorry I didn't get to join you. We'd love to welcome you back here in the future.
We hope you continued having more amazing adventures in Europe!