“Not as it started”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ti Choa

Ti Choa
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Terceira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
USA
“Not as it started”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The restaurant owner claims the food is home made, but some food it's not.
For instance, the sausage called "morcela" is not home made is bought at one of the local insdustries.
For traditional food at Terceira Island I recommend "Galanta's". You can't go wrogn, beleive me. A lot more variety and taste.

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
Terceira, Portugal
“Make a reservation for Friday nights or prepare to have a long drive home.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Overall the restaurant was very good but I wish they wrote their daily specials in English like they have done with the restaurant menus. Since I could read the menu I decided to just order the house steak and was extremely let down. It's just 2 slabs of flank steak extremely well done, but the fries were very good. Our waitress was so extremely friendly and tried helping as much as she could. Nobody in the restaurant spoke English but again, everyone was so friendly. The restaurant is very small yet cozy and comfortable and traditionally decorated. Everyone who was at the restaurant was Portuguese and all ordered from the daily special menu and everything looked delicious, I wish we would of just had our waitress pick for us. The price of a meal for 4 people was only 60 euro and that was 4 meals, 1 bottle of wine, and 4 desserts so it was a great price. Ok so to end on some important points... Make a reservation, this restaurant is about a 35 minute drive from Lajes, let the waitress order for you, great price, and friendly service.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank EatDrinkTravel2009
San Jose, California
“another great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We ate here with a group of people and the food was great and alot of it. Fresh, tasty and very local. We also enjoy our wine and local cheese. the restaurant is very nice and newly updated.

Visited July 2013
Swansea, Massachusetts
“Love the atmosphere and very friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I went to this restaurant many years ago when I visited Terceira with my family. We stayed in a home down the street from this restaurant so we ate there at least 3 times. Everytime was perfect. I am writing this review now because I will be taking another trip to this Island and I didn't realize that Ti Choa was on Tripadvisor. I was merely looking up the phone number online to make sure I had it to make reservations when I arrived. I am so looking forward to dining here again even though we will be staying in Angra this time. Very authentic restaurant run by the family. The atmosphere is probably what brings me back every time.

• Visited September 2013
Fall River, Massachusetts
“awesome atmosphere & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was a real treat during our visit to Terceira last year in June. Just the atmosphere of this place is awesome. The drive from Angra to Sereta along the south and western coasts was beautiful and the town is quaint and traditional. Also knowing that a reservation for just a certain amount of people to dine for the entire evening (no people waiting in line, nor staff waiting for you to leave) meant a relaxing time of casual eating and conversation. Now, about the food. Served at various intervals over the time you are there, it is TRUELY a Portuguese delight, with choices you might need to make with the reservations (as some items take cooking overnight), so there are no waiting periods for menus and food. So not to spoil the surprise for others, I will just say go there - this is a place you would regret NOT going to.

• Visited May 2013