“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Crowley, Louisiana
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

As we drove up to the restaurant my husband and I were a bit skeptical of the place but we were blown away with our meals. The atmosphere and service was stellar as well as the food and the staff was very accommodating to our needs if and when they did arise. I informed all my friends of the gem and they were also impressed. One of the best restaurants on Terceira.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kris_Darlene

“A step back in time”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had a great meal here in an ancient atmosphere - an old cellar environment. Creative, homecooked Portuguese dining - worth the effort to find this out-of-the-way spot.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank D B
Antwerp, Belgium
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great food for moderate prices in a nice atmosphere. A bit hard to find but certainly worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ivo_Huth
Atlanta, GA
“Must go on a Tuesday”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we walked into the restaurant. it looks like a restored home typical to many people who grew up on the islands. The mother in law soup was AMAZING, I could have ate it all if i didn't already order more food. On Tuesday there are folk singers that also come in which was a surprise for us. Great food, just make a reservation

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ShellyLovesToTravel
London
“Best restaurant on Terceira? Probably.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

As a regular visitor to the Azores, I discovered this place last year after locals recommending it. First visit in 2012 was with my girlfriend where there was a lovely ambience, set in a converted mill on the road going out of Sao Sebastiao towards Porto Martins. Be sure you know where this subtly signed place is before you go...

My most recent visit was where I took a group of 10 tourists here to experience excellent Azorean cuisine with both fish and meat options. Once again a beautiful, cosy atmosphere with outstanding value- from extremely reasonable garafes of Mainland Portuguese wine to local wine all very well priced. The food however is outstanding and fresh - lovely grilled fish (snapper etc) and steak from the island's cows too. All cooked as you'd expect in any upmarket restaurant in a major European city but at just 10-15 euros per main course! The seafood tile is my recommendation - subtly flavoured and certainly filling.

A nice touch at the end was a bottle of dessert wine on the house that we shared around which showed a personal touch so lacking on so many institutions too. Os Moinhos is on the agenda for my next visit for sure.

• Visited August 2013