Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Highly recommended

Highly recommended for anyone who is serious about learning to surf. Filipe is a dedicated and... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2020
jordaninjava
Lucerne, Switzerland
via mobile
Great first surfing experience in Figueira!

Amazing experience. Tiago was our instructor for 2 days and always made us feel comfortable and at... read more

Reviewed 19 August 2020
na_vvv
Milan, Italy

All reviews catch waves learn how amazing experience filippo camp skills surf teacher attention host ease ocean figueira techniques insight portugal school
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I used to take surf lessons in different locations (Pas Basque, Canarias, Portugal), Figueira Surf Center (Filipe) is by far the best school (instructor) I had. If you really wants to learn surf, in a good surf spot not overcrowed, this is the best place to go, you will never found better! I went twice (summer 2015 and 2016), and I will most probably decide to go there again in the future.

Date of experience: August 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank guayo75
Reviewed 6 October 2016

I come back often to Fugueira Surf Center, I love the atmosphere in the house and the surf here is amazing.
If you are looking for a place where you can relax, enjoy tasty meals and most importantly learn how to surf properly, you have found your place!

Date of experience: August 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank 249jodym
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Nice private lessons of surfing. Good quality in the material they rent you. The beaches of Figueroa da foz have few surfers. The house where you rest is comfortable and the rooms for couples are awesome. Wieske and Filipe were really friendly with us. So I guess this place is a good spot that right now it's not well-known yet.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 29 July 2016

My visit to the Figueira surf center in June was great. I surfed every day on this perfect surf spot which is right in front of the house and there are no crowds!
I have been to many surfschools and surfhouses all over Europe, but the quality of this place is far better than at most other places. The teacher gets the best out of you by listening carefully and taking the time to explaining your next steps. He has great coaching skills. The surf center has good quality surf materials, offers good quality yoga and serves honest and delicious food. Definitely reason to go back!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Laura V
Reviewed 16 June 2016

A fantastic experience for us both. Great for me as someone who can just about surf, through benefitting from Felipe's knowledge on where to surf on a given day or time, and also the odd pointer and great for my girlfriend who was fearful of the waves but managed to go down a wave by the end of the week. What's more the whole set is great with really tasty home cooked food, very comfortable accommodation and a convivial atmosphere. A big thank you to Wieske too, for all the Yoga keeping us supple and being so friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: June 2016