“Good service over rated steak”
Review of Armazem 22

Armazem 22
Ranked #7 of 579 Restaurants in Cascais
Price range: US$28 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I were really impressed with the attentive service and the cosy ambiance of this restaurant .
Unfortunately our steaks were at best challenging !!
Not a patch on Hemingways

1  Thank gentco

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Nice small restaurant with very friendly staff. The menu was ordinary (at least by Spanish standards with regards to cuisine), the price is tailored to american/English/north eurpoeans. Spanish, French, Italians ans Greeks and Portugues would find it slightly overlypriced for what it is.

The entres could be a bit more generous size wise (again from a Mediterranean point of view). The meat is highly recommended, not so much the fish which we found was not abundant at all (maybe they ran out?), we were very surprised. For a few euros more id definitely recommend the meat and avoid the fish.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I dined here on July 10th and the steaks (angus ribeye) we chose were beautifully cooked and presented. Deserts (chocolate brownies) were tasty and freshly cooked. The Brazilian owner recommended an excellent wine which was priced at 17 euro but we had to remind her and one of her sons to bring it to our table. She had forgotten to do so because of some misunderstanding with other guests in the restaurant about the number of ribeye steaks remaining. It did not add anything to a calm atmosphere in the restaurant which one expects in an expensive restaurant like Armazem 22. However there is no doubting that this is a very good restaurant, not the cheapest in Cascais but worth the trouble finding it ( make sure you book) on the little narrow street.(Rua des Navigantoes).

1  Thank BMACG123
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I had dinner here last night having read the rave reviews. On approaching the restaurant we could hear a very heated argument going on in the kitchen. After being seated we came to understand that the argument was due to them running out of rib eye steak and taking orders for more than they had. I wanted to order the rib eye at €27 but as they had run out had to order aged rib eye at €34. My husband ordered the aged sirloin at the same price. The covers of home made bread, hummus, sausage and olives were very good. We shared a tempura prawn starter which was ample. The steaks were huge and succulent my only complaint would be that I would have preferred a little less meat and more salad or vegetables - you only had a couple of leaves. We were recommended a bottle of wine which was very good. Our main gripe was how quickly the food was served to us while people who had ordered before us were kept waiting. We had finished our meal in under an hour! The explanation was that there were problems in the kitchen. Not our fault! As a result we felt rushed and unable to finish the steak and the other table was not happy at being kept waiting. When the bill came we were charged for 3 steaks when there were only 2 people. The waiter apologised but we weren't even offered complimentary coffees. We found that they had still overcharged us by €2 on each steak but decided to cut our losses pay and not leave a tip. The 2 sons who were waiting on the tables were very good but the mother needs to trust them more and have a better division of labour as this would result in less confusion. If you like steak it is great but in our opinion overpriced.

2  Thank Mandy P
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had a great meal here. Beautiful juicy tasty steak !! Hopefully will get to eat there again next time I am back in Cascais. Friendly service also. Enjoy !!