Loved our time here and will definitely be going back next year. First impressions were good, a clean spacious room and was pleased to find a well-appointed modern bathroom. There was a large flat screen lcd TV and air-con came as standard. I would definitely recommend opting for the sea view. It made all the difference. Room overlooked the pool where there were always sunbeds available and a bar was available most of the time.
Breakfast in the morning consisted of a help yourself buffet with choice of Continental or full English with plenty of free tables and a good selection of fresh fruit. Was more or less the same every day though so did get a bit familiar and you might want to bring your own teabags!!
Hotel was ideally situated for Cascais itself, close to the Railway Station, Marina and Town Centre. A Bus Stop nearby was convenient and buses were cheap. The staff were always friendly, helpful and very polite - Obrigado is Portugese for thank you and you will hear it more than any other word!!
Only downsides were the Bar in the Hotel was a bit pricey and our room was adjacent to the lifts, where some noise was evident. I did get used to it though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located in Cascais over the sea and close to the Marina. The centre of Cascais is approximately 800 m away and offers several shops and entertainment venues. A link to the public transport network is only 100 m from the hotel and the nearest airport is 30 km away in Lisbon. Completely renovated in 2004, this hotel offers 7 floors with 233 rooms of which 75 standard rooms and 29 junior suites with ocean view. The Hotel offers a 24 hour reception desk, free Wi-Fi in public areas, currency exchange desk, wheelchair access, lifts and parking. In the public areas guests will find one restaurant with buffet or a la carte menu, two bars, a Health Club with Spa, outdoor pool for adults and children, gardens and a playground. Business guests can take advantage of 3 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi Internet connection and multimedia devices. 24 hour room service and laundry service are also available. The tastefully re-decorated rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, safe, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. The hotel's Health Club has free access for guests is equipped with sauna and a Spa where you can enjoy massages and beauty treatments for an additional fee. In the exterior will find a swimming pool with a children's paddling area, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols laid out ready for use in the hotel grounds. A game room with billiard/snooker table among the hotel leisure options and the nearest golf course can be found approximately 2 km away. Guests may select their breakfast and lunch from a wide buffet. Lunch and dinner may also be taken a la carte and lunch can alternatively be chosen from a set menu. Special diet requirements are also catered and special requested dishes can be prepared. Furthermore, it is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vila Gale Cascais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cascais Hotel Cascais
- Vila Gale Village Hotel Cascais
- Vila Gale Village Cascais
- Cascais Vila Gale Village