The view from our rooms really took our breath away - the small enclosed balcony was perfect for staring out across the sea. The rooms themselves were very authentic, with comfortable beds, attention to detail and a very sweet bathroom - complete with jacuzzi.
I stayed here in December (just before Christmas) with my husband and parents-in-law for four nights and it really was a relaxing experience.
The breakfast was delicious, with plenty to choose from, including freshly cooked eggs. The restaurant was expensive - we just had one meal there, which was a special tasting menu. They catered well for one veggie - making sure we had our own menu. The service was excellent and we felt very well looked after throughout our stay.
We had several day trips (you do need a hire car to get to the hotel) to Sintra and to Lisbon. Neither took too long and the journey was scenic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leaning over the Atlantic Ocean, the Fortaleza do Guincho welcomes a charming five star boutique hotel - integrated into in the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association - with a range of services that focus on the well being and peacefulness of the customers. The Hotel's restaurant, awarded with a Michelin Star, offers an unforgettable dining experience of Portuguese cuisine, made from the finest national products. The Hotel Fortaleza do Guincho has a warm and personalized service, making it the ideal place for a family holiday, board meetings or the perfect refuge for a romantic getaway. It has the perfect conditions for company meetings, special parties and events or banquets. Located just seven kilometers from the town of Cascais and 30 kilometers from Lisbon and the International Airport, the cultural and leisure offer in the region is rich and full of varieties. Along the cost line you will find Sintra and its magnificent monuments and natural landscape, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For sea lovers abound beaches along the coast and all kinds of water sports and outdoor activities . The Hotel is surrounded by the best golf courses, while the Estoril Casino, the largest in Europe, is just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Lastminute and TravelUp so you can book your Fortaleza do Guincho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortaleza Do Guincho Cascais
- Fortaleza Do Guincho Hotel Cascais