“Excellent and cosy ”
Review of La Bonne Etoile - CLOSED

La Bonne Etoile
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Bonne Etoile is a cafe, tea room, restaurant and art gallery that is completely innovative, offering a corner of the French Riviera in Cascais. Entering that place is like entering a private home rather than a restaurant. The atmosphere is refined and the customer is received as a friend. Everything is designed to help the customer enjoy the flavors and aromas that awaken the senses. The menu is French influenced and changes regularly.
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The food is excellent and the owner makes you feel like at home. The atmosphere is very welcoming. The food combines Portuguese an French influence and is very tasty.

There are newer reviews for La Bonne Etoile

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had dinner there in new years eve, and the experience was the most positive, I have only good things to say. The food was great, the value was more than fair (starter + 2 main dishes + 2 bottles of good wine + desert = €25 — pretty good for that particular day of the year) and the host was very said. According to her, the concept of the place is not of a restaurant per se but as if you where at "your mother's home": if you don't like the food just say and I'll make something else; you're cold? You can grab some blankets.

2  Thank msssequeira
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We came here because of the good reviews and we surely don't regret it! The hostess was very kind and welcoming, and the food was so delicious that we even asked for one of the recipes. She uses local products and will not settle for less if it's not available. Also, her Portuguese wines go well with the meals. But more importantly: deserts. She creates the most wonderful cakes herself. In short, we would definitely recommend this place to our friends!

2  Thank Sophie v
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The food was good, the waiter was friendly and since the restaurant was empty at the time she gave us a lot of attention and time. The restaurant has a cute ocean theme, which fits well with Cascais. Although I was not present for a live show, they do have live music some time during the weekends. I was there with my family (all adults) and we all had a good time and enjoyed our food. It is a good restaurant; for some reason I never went back, it just didn't stick with me, wasn't 100% my style. Still, try it, it's good and worth the money.

1  Thank Guilherme_Costa1992
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This small eatery is next to the Quinta Gandarinha Condos on Rua D Joze' D'Avilez. It is small, clean and personable. The food is excellent and presentation is superb. The owner is the Chef, Waiter and Hostess. You will be happy to dine here and you will be personally cared for. Just sit back and be cared for.

1  Thank moosaki