“Overpriced and cold food”
Review of La Bonne Etoile - CLOSED

La Bonne Etoile
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Bonne Etoile is a cafe, tea room, restaurant and art gallery that is completely innovative, offering a corner of the French Riviera in Cascais. Entering that place is like entering a private home rather than a restaurant. The atmosphere is refined and the customer is received as a friend. Everything is designed to help the customer enjoy the flavors and aromas that awaken the senses. The menu is French influenced and changes regularly.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went there with my whole family. Three out of five meals were cold. They forgot one completely. Plastic water bottles. Way to overpriced for the average quality. Atmosphere is not that good, there are definitely better options in Cascais.

3  Thank 797valentin
Filomena C, Proprietário at La Bonne Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your familly dinner. I asked you in the bigining if some thing was not pleasant for you, to tell me and I will do anything I could to solve the problem. I'm sorry if you food was cold in the end. It would be easy to solve if only you could tell me. I allways do when people take long time eating and food became cold.
Still water bottels are plastic everywhere here in Portugal.
In our menu you have different kinds of food for every economic power. You can have a meal since 7,00€/pearson or you can have a white grouper rice with royal crab and giant prowns by 45,00€ for two people, as you know. You can drink water or a reserve wine. That's allways the client's choice.
But anyway, I will be very happy to offer you your next meal at LA BONNE ÉTOILE.
Wish you the best

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this for a belated anniversary dinner with the wife while on vacation. It was close to our apartment and I was intrigued by the Portuguese cooking with a french flair. The meal didn't disappoint, the owner/chef, Grace, is a perfect blend of Portugal and France and so was the food. Grace isn't afraid to experiment with some traditional Portuguese ingredients and add a french twist to them. The service was very friendly and we immediately felt at home. Grace speaks very good English and fluent French, don't be afraid to discuss the dishes and even get some tourist tips. The evening was only slightly marred by waiting quite a while for the bill at the end of the meal. The restaurant got a little busy and this is a two person operation. It is well worth the wait but don't expect a quick meal if you are in a hurry otherwise your patience will be rewarded.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The food is excellent and the owner makes you feel like at home. The atmosphere is very welcoming. The food combines Portuguese an French influence and is very tasty.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had dinner there in new years eve, and the experience was the most positive, I have only good things to say. The food was great, the value was more than fair (starter + 2 main dishes + 2 bottles of good wine + desert = €25 — pretty good for that particular day of the year) and the host was very said. According to her, the concept of the place is not of a restaurant per se but as if you where at "your mother's home": if you don't like the food just say and I'll make something else; you're cold? You can grab some blankets.

2  Thank msssequeira
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We came here because of the good reviews and we surely don't regret it! The hostess was very kind and welcoming, and the food was so delicious that we even asked for one of the recipes. She uses local products and will not settle for less if it's not available. Also, her Portuguese wines go well with the meals. But more importantly: deserts. She creates the most wonderful cakes herself. In short, we would definitely recommend this place to our friends!

2  Thank Sophie v