Hotel Baia
Hotel Londres(Estoril)
US$97
US$94
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop barsea viewperfect locationstar hotelthree staroverlooking the beachsun terracesmall beachview roomsea fronttrain stationrooms are smallfirst floortop floorreception staffa lovely staybars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Pros: Spectacular views, perfect location across from the marina and a beach, just beside all the restaurants and shopping of beach-side Cascais.

Otherwise just a basic hotel, neither great nor terrible. The rooms were clean, the service was OK but not outstanding, the breakfast was OK but not particularly high quality nor bad, either. This is a fairly high-volume hotel, lots of people coming and going, and the service is efficient and straightforward, but not memorably warm or personal. There are more special hotels in Cascais and most of them are a lot more money. It was fine for us -- we were outside most of the time, and when we were at the hotel we enjoyed the balcony and the rooftop pool.

One thing about this hotel: don't stay here unless you can get a seaside room. The rooms on the land side are over a bunch of bars that get loud and stay loud late into the wee hours.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary_in_Austin
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Had read some very negative reviews about this hotel so was very nervous about spendng 6 nights there. However, I need not have worried, the hotel was lovely, location great, staff professional and helpful including reception and the ladies who looked after our room 411 - anything requested e.g. adaptors, laundry etc was produced instantly. Food was lovely - ate in almost every night having done the rounds at lunch time and decided the food was as good in the hotel as anywhere and there were some great places to eat. Despite the reviews about breakfast it was more than enough, couldn't think of anything that was missing and there was loads of everything even at almost 10 every morning. We really enjoyed and would definitely go there anytime again. Perhaps one little comment - definitely invest in new pillows. We never head any noise at all. Had the seaview - worth the extra. Thanks to all for great holiday.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kearnsgang
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Stayed for the second year running .Absolutely best position for visit to this area. Rooms could be nicer but are clean and tidy. Always paid for sea view so had little trouble with noise. Breakfast is basic and very poorly displayed. Desk staff seem to give feeling they are only there to do the basics.My request for access to computer for check in on line was met with a reluctant agreement to do it for me when they had time later in the afternoon.I left my flight details etc only to be told later that evening that they could not do it because they did not have the number of bags we had. On my insistance they again reluctantly got out the laptop which I was not allowed to touch and checked us in for our flight. Would definitely stay again but wish they would take all of their customers veiws on board.P S bed and pillow comments in previous reviews are correct

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2009

The first time I have ever checked out of a hotel early due to waking up every morning at 5 a.m. with back-ache! The beds are very hard and uncomfortable and the pillows are a joke. When I complained to reception, I was told that no-one else had complained - no apology - no help! It's sad because the hotel has the perfect location and views - in my opinion it should be demolished and a new hotel built in its place. Be warned!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul8472
Reviewed 9 March 2009

Just returned from a long weekend conference near Cascais. Around thirty of us were put up at the Baia for three nights. Yes, the hotel looks quite nice from its website. Some of us had beachfront rooms with the view of the sea. About half faced the back, which really wouldn't have been a problem except for the noise from two discos directly beside and behind the hotel which provided pounding bass, incredibly loud music, shouts and screams of drunken partyers. It was not possible to sleep before 3 a.m-- even ear plugs did not help. The first night (Thursday) the front desk staff was incredibly rude. The next night I was able to change from 402 to room 124, but the noise was just as loud. (All of us on the first floor rear had a lovely view of a wall and the heating vents.) Saturday night was unbearable, but the clerk was apologetic, explaining a new club had opened up in the past few months. In the morning we had to get up and out on the early side, but coffee, tea, anything at all was unavailable before 7:30 a.m. Most of my colleagues were incredulous in the mornings about the amount of noise, lack of services, even the basics.
Yes; there was a nice pool, only open between 10 and 6, unavailable to anyone desiring a morning dip. Rooms were a little shabby, uncomfortable beds with the sort of lumpy ancient pillows your Aunt Sadie might pull out for the house guest she has once every twenty years. The bathrooms were spacious, but with an odd barred ceiling dripping with dirt, dust and mold. The heat in my first room did not work, and the TV in the second had no volume.
I have never stayed at a hotel I was so glad to leave. Enjoy your trip to Portugal, but best of luck if you end up here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business