“Wholesome, happy hideaway ”

Cafe Galeria House of Wonders
Ranked #6 of 543 Restaurants in Cascais
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: House of Wonders has a building offering four floors and two entrances. On the ground floor is our vegetarian restaurant offering a fusion of Mediterranean and middle eastern cuisine, both hot and cold mezze, fresh and healthy vegetable dishes. Our Cafe Gallery is an artistic space where local artists show their works and where guests are welcome to browse and enjoy light dishes, tapas, cakes and hot & cold drinks. Our Cafe offers freshly squeezed juices and green drinks as well as alcoholic beverages and cocktails, a large selection of teas and international coffees. It has an entrance to our Rooftop, a popular open roof with a 360 degrees view. We are open all day every day from 10-23hrs.
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Wholesome, happy hideaway ”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We ate in both the restaurant and the cafe, and returned back to the cafe multiple times. The staff were really friendly and chatty, happy to whip up anything you fancied from the fresh ingredients they had. Great escape when you feel like you need something healthy! Rooftop terrace is great for lunch and cocktails in the evening. The restaurant was also lovely, great veggie moussaka which we enjoyed even as meat-eaters.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
England, United Kingdom
“Only the freshest of ingredients...”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A lovely, quirky place where you can enjoy lovingly prepared food using the freshest of ingredients. The juices are yummy and the food is tasty. We're not vegetarians, but my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and am sure others will too.

If the weather is nice, try and grab a spot on the small roof terrace. Pleasant views over Cascais.

• Visited March 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Go for the fresh!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

After a week of grilled fish and white wine in Cascais, I throughly enjoyed sitting on the informal roof terrace , enjoying meze (4 different small vegetarial dishes with toasted bread) and fresh orange & nectarine juice, admiring the sunset over the roof tops.
I had to follow up with the savory juice spiked with rum - and a fruit-filled sangria later on :)

This place gave me a little of that relaxing layed-back Thailand / Mexico feel... so I didn't mind that they forgot my order once. They made it up to me with a taster plate of their wonderful homemade cakes!

• Visited August 2014
“"my happiness is your happiness"”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Love should be given by someone, not sold.The thoughts that are coming out of your mouth are fake, the smile that you are giving is made and the only thing that you can see is Your happiness by screwing out the people like an orange juice. But you could be the businessman of the year, wonderful place, excellent chef and great persons around who are still believe that we have a chance to change the World. Except one thing you have forgotten...Real eyes realize real lies and liars.

• Visited August 2014
Anna Catharina d, Owner at Cafe Galeria House of Wonders, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Kinga,

I am sad to read your feelings on the public travellers platform of Tripadvisor.

You worked in our Café for a few days in the height of the season and unfortunately this did not work out the way we both hoped. We were not the place for you to show your qualities. These are always unfortunate situations, however sometimes it happens and life goes on.

We wish you well on your travels and future jobs,

Anna,
“If you're vegetarian, then this is the place for you”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I'm actually not a vegetarian; rather the opposite, in fact! But I can tell you that the House of Wonders serves up a great fare nonetheless.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know much about the mysterious world of vegetarian cuisine, so I'll tell you what I did notice: they have great, fresh ingredients for all their food and drinks. Mostly organic. They take care when making the meals (you can watch them doing it) and serve everything really nicely.

They have all sorts of wonderful juices too, and a GIGANTIC selection of different flavors of tea. I LOVE tea, and I was blown away by their selection (and the smell of it all)!

• Visited July 2014