“Relaxed evening drinks”

Cuisines: German, Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We didn't eat here, but visited for evening drinks most evenings. We sat out on their covered decking & we're served by friendly & helpful staff. It was very relaxing at the end of a day.

There are newer reviews for Jardim Cerveja

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went here for a couple of drinks on a Thursday night which was salsa night, great atmosphere, fantastic dancing, seemed to be a mix of locals and tourists

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Pleasant outdoor bar with music and dancing later. Nice staff serving good beer at 2/3 the price of the hotel across the road

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Four of us popped in for an early evening snack and a beer, in this more than 30 year old restaurant that until recently called itself a Biergarten. The Portuguese beer was excellent, icecold, the German liter special as stale as my grandfather's socks, with a terrible aftertaste, reminding me of rotting flowers in unchanged water. The sausages we ordered were a small portion dried out bits, probably procured from the local Lidl or Aldi. The melted Portuguese cheese was properly presented, piping hot and delicious. This place could have so much more to offer in this location behind the lovely park, but they seem too close to the tourist hotels to having to make an effort. Obviously believing that prices can be kept high, as "the" foreigners may think that "prices are reasonable" based on what they have to pay at home (Brits! Scandies!). Also don't tip (in this basically non tipping culture). Don't go here, until you read in these pages that fellow-travellers report that the owners have cleaned up their act. I'll report back in 6 months. By the way, why have they called this place Biergarten for more than 30 years and rebranded it recently? Am I an unreasonable, sourpussed German-lover, suspecting that these people are are part of the movement in Portugal who popularly believe that Germans are responsible for this country's woes? Then don't call yourselves German restaurant either. If I am wrong they should convince me and I'll apologize. May be I get a refund for my horrible beer and the sausage too. Go on like this and woes will be upon you.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We had been here last year several times and enjoyed the atmosphere and food and decided to re visit. We were sorry we did. Waitress gave us menu and when we asked about something she sighed and kept pointing back to menu... Food was good though. Finally asked for gourmet coffee (which showed coffee with ice cream) on menu and waiter brought dessert menu for ice cream and I said no coffee on menu with ice cream and he went off for ages with only another couple there looking busy! Eventually brought eventually stone cold coffee. I left it and didn't bother leaving a tip either and the waitress made a smart remark as we were leaving. We won't be back!

1  Thank Ragamino