“Fantastic attention to detail”
Review of Perfect Spot

and 1 more site!
Perfect Spot
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We have just left Perfect Spot after a lovely stay there. The double bedroom with balcony was more like a guest house room than a hostel being spacious and very clean with unique little touches that made it a pleasure to stay in. A lot of thought has gone into this place. A beautiful living space and garden. The couple are extremely welcoming and their knowledge of the local area really helped us to make the most of our time in Casais.
We would love to return. Claire and Sean

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Rita and Jon have worked hard to make this hostel the best I have visited! it is so relaxed, friendly and in an amazing location close to the beaches, supermarkets and an amazing local market! The rooms and vibe of the hostel are very welcoming, there are spaces to relax or to sit around with other travelers. It was very clean and I loved the home made furniture, breakfast and super comfy beds!
Will definitely be back! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hostel is so beautiful, located nearby the beach, a huuge supermarket, train station and the center of Cascais. It has a big and lovely garden, a very nice kitchen with everything you need, and all the other rooms in the house is also very big and spacious, always clean, and with lots of nice chill out-spots. Jon and Rita are the perfect host! You feel like a part of their family, they are happy to share all they know about Cascais and Lisbon - where to eat, party or what to see. This hostel is perfect whether you stay alone, as a couple or a big group, you will always feel welcome! If you are interested in water sports this hostel is especially perfect, because the Cascais area has a lot to offer when it comes to surfing, paddling etc. I was so happy with my stay, and there is no doubt that I'm going to stay there next time I'm traveling in Lisbon!

Room Tip: Unlike most hostels, the 8-bed dorm at Perfect Spot is really big and spacious, so you don't hav...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The house it's.... a home!! there are many different spaces to relax, chat with other guest, do some crocheting...Jon and Rita are excellent hosts. Everyhting was perfect! best moment: breakfast!! HAVE TO GO!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
rita_hush, Proprietário at Perfect Spot, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

dear Carla and Rocio,

we're so glad that you liked your new home in Portugal.
thank you so much for the gift, we'll be always remembering you! :)

i'm sure we'll see each other again.. so, hasta la vista! :)
until then, have a perfect day everyday! :)

beijinhos e abraços,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I would definitely recommend this hostel to all my friends and I'm planning to go back this year. :) The owners have been really friendly and inspiring, they live their dream and they do this in a sustainable way (sustainability is simply part of their DNA). Some of the beds are made of recycled pallets (lovely) and much of the furniture is handmade from recycled goods, which gives the hostel a very natural touch. You can feel the love Jon and Rita put in their hostel; from the cute picnic basket breakfast till the fresh veggies and herbs in the garden you can use for dinner. Also, Cascais is a great (and very sustainable, check out QualityCoast) location to stay and there's plenty to do: surfing, yoga, cycling, hiking, climbing and it's easy to get to Sintra/Lisboa from here. Rita and Jon can arrange really fun climbing activities with a great guide, recommended!

Room Tip: The Nature Room is really really lovely, with it's own balcony overviewing the garden (sunny at...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
rita_hush, Proprietário at Perfect Spot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

dear Frankie,

thank you so much for the nice time together and for appreciate all the details that we did with dedication and all our recycle furniture and decoration! :) we really share this passion for nature and the rest comes naturally. our passion for recycling made us think out of the box and find amazing solutions. the new lamp for the living room ceiling is so so beautiful! now you really need to come back to see it :)

thanks again for everything.

have a perfect day! :)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I spent my whole vacation with jon and rita,,,and I have to say that perfect spot is the best hostel I have ever seen ! The host is a energetic portuguese couple ,,they bring me surprise and pleasure everyday and even every moment , show me the city , present me portuguese culture ,lead me to some places interesting, cook me typical food.....etc. On the other hand ,facilities of this house is amazing. big kitchen which can inspire your desire to cook. ,natural garden and comfortable bed , enormous living room with cosy sofa and billiard pool,,,,,all of this staff fill up my entertainment. And the location is also incredible,the house is in the centre of downtown but without any noise,I can enjoy the sound of birds evety mornng just 5minutes to beach and train station ,3minutes to supermarket.
All in all ,I feel totally satisfaction to stay her ,good environment ,good service ,good people ,plus good price .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

dear Chan,

it was a pleasure to have you here. we spend much time together, talking, sharing, cooking, sunbathing (in the winter), learning with each others, having (recycled) ideas...... :) it was so much fun and we hope that you can come back this year again. Perfect Sot will always be your home far from home! :)

thank you so much for everything.
we'll keep in touch! :)

have a perfect day,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've been with my girlfriend for 3 days in perfect spot,and we were totally suprised.
We sleep in Nature room,a large room decorated with nature motives,with a private small balcony with garden view,that you can even put water in the plants yourself with a little and funny waterholder.this little balcony is so beautifull and relaxing that in the nigth i stood there alot of time loonking the moon and stars.
the level of confort ,higiene and decoration was 5 stars.
We had the oportunity to visit other rooms and all of them,with different names and themes,we're so suprised.we just wish to sleep one different nigth in each one.
Regarding the rooms,they are clean,fresh, sunny and all decorated in the rigth dose with the diferent themes.
The one I loved most after the Nature room was the Culture Room,that i have the chance too meet.it's also a very large room with a laaaaaarge bed and an extra bed,perfect for 3,or babys.

The other areas of the house:

The Kitchen it's a major kitchen where you can cook( local supermarket 5-10m walking distance).
there a huge table and plenty of space to cook and to store your food.
Rita and Jonh(perfect spot staff that I will also talk),helped us in whatever we need in terms of food,one of the nigths we asked them to cook for us,and the result was deligthfull!!!!
The super fresh handmade prepared breakfast,is so special that I won't talk just to tease you to go there and see for yourselves.

The living room:
There's a huge living room,recieving all the day ligth from the gardem,where you can play snooker,read,play guitar,play boardgames,see movies(large database with recorded movies),or just relax.it's a big room with 4 or 5 different enviorments with sitting solutions ,so there's plenty of space for everyone.

The garden:
Leaving the living room,you pass by other perfect area that can escape from your attencion.it's a barbecue area with also a large wood table,perfect to sit,drink someting and do late nigth talking.
The gardem is magic.
It's more or less 200m2 of gardem,with alot of trees and green grass.
the garden has facilities and diferent areas.
Our favourite was the chill out area,that is a wood and pillows mixed up constrution,perfect to get a book,some music in your ears and relax cathing some sun.my when i was playingsnooker with some guests from italy,my girlfriend stood there for hours.
In the garden you have nets,tables and even a big net that fits 2!
In the garden nearby the surfdeck(where I stored my surfboard) there's a little space,where they plant rocula and other vegetables.it's beautifull!!
The garden is so big that is enougth space for everything.I used the gardem to do some exercise and some yoga!

Other common areas:
The big house with 2 floors is rich in little areas that you can sit and relax,in the first floor is another living room with a bookshelf just rigth before the big sunny balcony with sofas and garden view.

Our room didn't have a private lavatory,the one I visit had one private.but they are so well cleaned and freshed up that in three days stays,i totally forgot that it was a shared lavatory.

The location is perfect,we took the car but i didn't touch it.we pick up some bikes and and went to cascais for sigthseeing.i wanted to go the beach by car to surf but rita and jonh conviced me to go by bike.it was the best thing I did!

Rita and Jonh are the staff and the owners of the hostal.they are super friendly and helpfull in everything.their lifes and hostal story is stunning.we talk with them for hours!a small part of the house is just for them,so they are always present if you need something even in the middle of the nigth,that was my case.we deseperadly need an aspirin.
the Best thing is that they are in the house but you feel that you are in your house!they know to receive and to make you feel at home.

So i thing is everything i remember now.oh!no i forgot to tell you that they are totally eco-friendly!most of the decoration,tables and sofas were handmade by THEM!outstanding artists!!

I travel all around the world for my work and i know alot of places.if you go to portugal,go to perfect spot.belive me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple