“What a perfect Hotel!”

Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Cascais
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is my favourite hotel in Cascais, because of it, it was chosen to perform my wedding in August 2011, it was an unforgettable day!
I always love to come back to this hotel, so the last weekend my husband and I were spending a night at the hotel and once again the service was excellent.
We spend the night in a sea view retreat room with stunning views over the sea! The room is wonderful, the decor very cute and the bathroom is very good.
Breakfast is also very good with a huge variety of choices. We used the spa and did the thalassotherapy circuit, believe me it is one of the best SPA in Portugal!
I advise everyone who visits Cascais to stay at this hotel, it's a true 5 star hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,114)

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I live in Cascais and this is the greatest brunch in town. Perfect for a sunny lazy day.
The food is great and the view is amazing.
Hotel is very good and staff is friendly
The must go to place if you look for a weekend brunch and the sun is shining!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank susanapecorelli
Reviewed 27 February 2014

4 nights in this palace. I wish we had stayed longer !
We were upgraded to a suite, extremely comfortable.
Service was remarkable, including front desk, service at restaurants, bell boy, all were very helpful and efficient, And always with a smile !
Breakfast was excellent, with any special we would ask for (freshly squeezed juice, salad, espresso,...).
Food at the restaurant in the evening was very tasteful, with excellent wines.
Finally the hotel is very well located, on the corniche, at walking distance from the city centre.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank TG2803
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Beautiful palace converted into a 5 star hotel. It is the palace of the last Italian king - Umberto, so the look and feel of the hotel is very much like a palace - Luxurious. Both the exteriors and interiors still retain the charm of being a old palace.This hotel is best suited for people looking for a very relaxing and romantic holiday - Definitely you should consider staying a minimum of 3 nights to feel and sense the hotel setting. It is located about 10 mins walk from central Cascais town and train station. You are on the atlantic coast and soo close to the ocean, the views from the room are impressive. Rooms are very big and decorated tastefully retaining the grandeur with modern touch.The bed and pillows were soo comfortable and we had the best night sleep ever in a hotel room. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. I was impressed with the level of room service, we had problems with wifi signals in our room, when i informed the reception, they immediately attended to the issue by bringing a signal booster in my room. The breakfast was excellent with good spread. Overall, i enjoyed my stay at Villa Italia. 5 stars for Hotel Location, Room, Service and the Breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony and views facing the ocean is worth it
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Y S
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We spent three nights at Grand Villa Italia. It is a five star hotel at that is obvious the minute you arrive. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We dined at the hotel our first night and enjoyed it so much we decided to also dine their our last night.
We really enjoyed our stay and will book again later this year.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dunard
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is a wonderful and romantic hotel with a really good staff! We stayed here for two nights when we were celebrating my birthday and it was memorable! The rooms are spacious and the view was gorgeous!
We did not say that it was my birthday, but the lady at the front desk notice it as she looked in to my ID. At night, during dinner (the food is delicious) we got a pleasant surprise! The chef made us a small birthday cake! We loved our stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Imogdi
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed for 1 week in February as part of our annual conference. The rooms are immaculate, sumptuous and I had the best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel room.

The facilities are excellent, breakfast is varied and plentiful and the buffet lunches we had were of an excellent quality. The bar area is fairly compact (but we were a large group) but as it was only my company staying in the hotel it wasn't an issue, the spirit measures are very large through so be warned.

The local town is just a short walk and looked to be well equipped with a variety of restaurants and bars, there is also a supermarket that has everything you could possibly need.

The service was always of the highest possible levels and we were made to feel very special and nothing was ever too much trouble. All in all I would highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rowingtraveller
Travellers also viewed these Cascais hotels
Pestana Cidadela Cascais
InterContinental Estoril
Sheraton Cascais Resort
Sheraton Cascais Resort
#12 of 39 in Cascais

Been to Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa

Address: Rua Frei Nicolau de Oliveira, 100, Cascais 2750-641, Portugal
Region: Portugal > Central Portugal > Lisbon District > Cascais
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Romantic Hotel in Cascais
#3 Family Hotel in Cascais
#3 Business Hotel in Cascais
#3 Spa Hotel in Cascais
#3 Luxury Hotel in Cascais
Price Range: £95 - £285 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa 5*
Grande Real Villa Italia is a result of the adaptation of the old houses where King Umberto II of Italy lived while exiled in Portugal from the 1950's to the 1980's.Located in the cosmopolitan city of Cascais, Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa represents excellence in design, sophistication and comfort.With the Atlantic Ocean as the predominant scenery, you can look towards the north and see the beautiful hills and castles of Sintra, while Lisbon is only a few minutes away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel And Spa