Room was beautiful, full of character and spotlessly clean.
Bed was a bit on the low side but I think that's just a European thing.
Staff were friendly and the spa is great - complimentary access for certain categories of room. The outdoor pool wasn't really fit for use as it was too cold at that time of year, but it looked like it would be amazing in the summer.
Hotel is right on the sea, with great walks along the cliffs and not too far a stroll from the centre of Cascais which is a really pretty place. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Real Villa Italia is a result of the adaptation of the old houses where King Umberto II of Italy lived while exiled in Portugal from the 1950's to the 1980's.Located in the cosmopolitan city of Cascais, Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa represents excellence in design, sophistication and comfort.With the Atlantic Ocean as the predominant scenery, you can look towards the north and see the beautiful hills and castles of Sintra, while Lisbon is only a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia and Odigeo so you can book your Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel And Spa
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel Cascais
- Grande Real Hotel Italia