I cannot praise this hotel highly enough! From the moment we stayed to the moment we left it was heaven! The hotel is absolutely stunning and beautiful and the staff are out of this world - by far and away the best staff I have ever experienced in a hotel.
When we arrived our room wasn't quite ready. No problem, we were offered an alternate room to use to shower and get changed in until our room was ready and were given complimentary drinks and nibbles in the bar whilst we waited also. This is how to look after your guests when there is a slight problem.
Also, it was my girlfriend's birthday whilst we were there. We never mentioned this to anyone, however on the morning of her birthday when we went down for breakfast (which is out of this world by the way and by far the best I have had in any hotel in the world) we were greeted with a birthday cake and candle and two glasses of Champagne courtesy of the hotel. Fantastic 5* service!
Everything about this hotel is 5*! The rooms are huge, clean, comfortable and very well decorated and maintained. As mentioned before the staff are fantastic and really make your stay wonderful.
Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the food in the restaurant as we did not eat in there as my girlfriend is a Vegetarian and it did not cater brilliantly for them - although I am quite sure they would have cooked her something to order if we had brought this up with the staff. If you are a vegetarian, please do not let this put you off though. We ate in Cascais town every night and there are lots of places for vegetarians to eat - we ate like Royalty even outside of the hotel!
I have stayed in many 5* hotels across Europe and I have to stay that this is my favourite. Cascais is a beautiful town to visit as a couple (I would not recommend it for families as there is not a lot for the kids to do) and if you want to stay in complete luxury then this is the hotel for you.
Absolutely wonderful - thank you to everyone who made our stay in the hotel so fantastic!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Real Villa Italia is a result of the adaptation of the old houses where King Umberto II of Italy lived while exiled in Portugal from the 1950's to the 1980's.Located in the cosmopolitan city of Cascais, Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa represents excellence in design, sophistication and comfort.With the Atlantic Ocean as the predominant scenery, you can look towards the north and see the beautiful hills and castles of Sintra, while Lisbon is only a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel And Spa
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel Cascais
- Grande Real Hotel Italia