Hotel Atlantis Sintra Estoril
Orbitz.com
US$279
US$264
  • Breakfast included
Clube Do Lago(Estoril)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$96
  • Pool
Hotel Londres(Estoril)
US$99
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Estoril Eden Hotel(Estoril)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$143
  • Pool
Saboia Estoril Hotel(Estoril)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$89
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Heinsberg, Germany
Reviewed 30 May 2006

Had a great stay during a four-day mini-holiday. I completely concur with the British couple who posted the last review. We discussed this very subject in the bar over a gin and tonic, haha. The hotel was nearly empty the whole weekend so there was never a crowd at the pool or for breakfast, which was decent but nothing special. The scrambled eggs looked a little scary, I dont recommend them.
Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and I plan on staying there for my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 May 2006

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in the Atlantis and although this hotel is not a 4 star, we really enjoyed our stay.

The hotel looks very dated from the front and on first impressions I would not go in and book this hotel by chance from the street. But once you get checked in the rooms are large and comfortable.

The pool area is really nice and the staff cannot help you enough. The food in the hotel is good and reasonably priced.

We hired a car to get around in and I would advise anyone going to this hotel to do the same, as it is a bit out of the way.

Do not let the bad comments by others put you off this hotel. We tried to change our accommodation after reading them and glad we didn't.

If you are expecting a 4 start Hilton type accommodation then this is not the hotel for you.

All in all we had a great time and did not want to come back to the British weather.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank Mark_JulieUk
Reviewed 14 March 2006

We spent 3 nights in this hotel.
It is a very nice and confortable hotel. The rooms are quite large, the hotel is clean, the meals are very good, the prices are not too high.
The hotel is very quiet, except during the day, because it is near the Estoril motor race park.
4 french tourists

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank Philou92100
Reviewed 23 September 2005

Stayed at the Atlantis for 3 nights in September 2005. If you are used to newer, more modern hotels, this place is not for you. I must have been built in the 70s because NOTHING has changed. Feels like you are in a bad 70s movie (or something like boogie nights, 30 years later). The hallways smelled like ammonia. Unless you want to wait until 7:30PM to eat there, it was hard to get food. The pool bar, that was supposed to be open to 7pm, seemed to close whenever they felt like it. The Room service menu was extremely light and still didnt have everything on the menu when I called.

The hotel, which really is not a 4 star at all, is in a BAD location. On a main highway, next to a race car track. Not really in walking distance to anywhere. The staff wasnt too friendly, except for the woman who worked the front desk during the evening (who was quite attractive i might add).

Overall, if you are used to even moderate accomodations in the states, such as a Marriott or a Hilton, this is NOT your place. Even though its cheap, i would spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 6 June 2005

We spent 2 nights here last week and although the hotel wasn't all bad, it certainly wasn't what I expected.
Its rated as a 4 star, but I definitely think its more a 3 star.

Bad points : The Hotel is located right on a motorway (and not with the beautiful sintra scenary as advertised).
Its quite secluded in an industrial type area, although there is a large shopping mall about a 10-15 minute walk (across the busy motorway)
Although the Hotel is large, its very very dated/old/almost tacky.
I chose this place cos of the beautiful pool and sorroundings in the picture, both of which were a disappontment.
The major drawback is it is right next door to a car race track and the weekend we were there, they had some major race on, so even if we wanted to lay by the pool, we would have needed ear plugs.

Plus points : We ate in the hotel restaurant for dinner (mainly cos were were too far from any other restaurants) - and the food was pretty good. Although I prefer to eat in a busy environment and both nights it was just us and 1 other table occupied.
(abit like a ghost town, maybe it was the time of year...?)

We paid £40 per night to stay here, it was the most expensive place we stayed during our 1 week stay and the less luxurious. If you can find a cheaper hotel in Cascais or Sintra area, then go for it.

• Stayed: May 2005